East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

Good luck are the Burnie today, missed the last two games and will also miss this, 9.30pm ko where I am, but will be back next week hopefully for a massive promotion chance if we can beat Primrose today.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh 4 Oakley 2
Edinburgh went 1 up after 10 mins,then we equalised thru lee Celentano,we then went 2-1 up thru Lyle Kellican but edinburgh equalised thru there best player no 7, was turning into a great game until a minute till half time the ref gave edinburgh a dubious penalty,after the break it was end to end stuff and a bit off a battle and edinburgh went 4-2 up thru a good header from a corner,felt the game turned on the pen but edinburgh are a decent team and probably deserved the win in the end,hope the boy who got injured is ok

1 hour ago, number4 said:

Edinburgh 4 Oakley 2
Edinburgh went 1 up after 10 mins,then we equalised thru lee Celentano,we then went 2-1 up thru Lyle Kellican but edinburgh equalised thru there best player no 7, was turning into a great game until a minute till half time the ref gave edinburgh a dubious penalty,after the break it was end to end stuff and a bit off a battle and edinburgh went 4-2 up thru a good header from a corner,felt the game turned on the pen but edinburgh are a decent team and probably deserved the win in the end,hope the boy who got injured is ok

Looking forward to the soup next season Lee.boo

West Calder 1-2 Lochgelly 
Lochgelly still in it aswell.

No theyre quite clearly no, they need Dunbar to lose their last 4 and a 32 goal swing over pumpherston.

Blackburn and Dunbar are up, no chance of Dunbar dropping enough points to allow Pumpherston to grab second. Would have to drop 7 points in their last 4 games when they've dropped 8 all season....

36 minutes ago, Thewhitepele said:

No theyre quite clearly no, they need Dunbar to lose their last 4 and a 32 goal swing over pumpherston.

Blackburn and Dunbar are up, no chance of Dunbar dropping enough points to allow Pumpherston to grab second. Would have to drop 7 points in their last 4 games when they've dropped 8 all season....

I don't agree with that tbh. This stage of the season there is pressure on every game and Pumpherston are right in the hunt I think and can sit back now with no pressure on them. Next weekend pivotal for me as Blackburn and Dunbar have hard games. Pumpherston got the job done since the loss at Dunbar. In previous years with their current points total Pumpherston are already up - shows how good the top 3 have been this season.

Lochgelly are out of it now tho. Their pitch has ruined their chances with the amount of postponements. 

I find it poor planning that Pumpherston are not playing their last game against Lochgelly the same day as Dunbar v Blackburn to try and make the conclusion of the season as exciting as the rest of it. Why give them at least 2 weeks off whilst Lochgelly face teams out of contention?

It's all ifs and buts but I think we all know including myself who's going up.Overall it's been a great season for us but it just wasn't to be.One fantastic result (3-0 v Dunbar) against the top three sides around us,surrendering 2 goals half times leads to Blackburn and Lochgelly was our downfall and leading against Dunbar and Blackburn in other games.Also the draw at Oakley even though we came back from 3-1 down at halftime we could easily have won it in the end.We just need to regroup dust ourselves down and look to next season.

I said at the very start it would go to the wire and it is. West Calder not an easy place to go to so it's far from being a given for Blackburn. Play as we can and we win, anything less and it will be very difficult. Local derbies are a problem Dunbar don't have!

50 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I said at the very start it would go to the wire and it is. West Calder not an easy place to go to so it's far from being a given for Blackburn. Play as we can and we win, anything less and it will be very difficult. Local derbies are a problem Dunbar don't have!

Keep saying it Greame and you might start believing what your saying.Blackburn have far too much quality to throw it away at West Calder. 

Keep saying it Greame and you might start believing what your saying.Blackburn have far too much quality to throw it away at West Calder. 

I've been watching Blackburn long enough to know that any trip to West Calder for us is a tough one. Absolutely nothing can be taken for granted. Your result yesterday shows these games are far from a given.

In the past we have beaten Haddington twice in the last game to stop them being promoted and Arniston beat us with an injury time goal to go up on the last game so anything could happen.
But good luck Blackburn!!!! Lol 

Exactly, can't take anything for granted in this league. Hopefully we get a decent crowd for this.

Rosyth v Crossgates this Saturday actually at Rosyth?
Or still issues at Recreation Park so elsewhere? (e.g. Kelty again).
Thanks.

All being we'll play at recreation park tomorrow [emoji106]

Archived