East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, fredo said:

Rosyth 0-0 kdy ym

Feck sake Lee 1/7 and let my coupon down for over a grand.

How could you no score against a team that last conceded only 1 (Let alone a shutout) 16 games ago, against mmmmmmmmmmmm Rosyth.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pistol88 said:

Dunbar 2-0 Craigroyston 

Dean Ballantyne, Darren Handling 

Dunbar were very fortunate today,Craigie were by far the better team,well for most of the game anyway. First half was dire from a Dunbar point of view,second half was no better but Dunbar managed to score a couple and waste a hatful of chances. I suppose I went today expecting to win, why not ,but also by how many. How wrong . Every thing about Dunbar today was flat. The passing was terrible The finishing was shocking.  If anybody thinks that it is going to be easy getting the points needed to get promotion,then today should be the wake up call they need. Dunbars best player was Handling and he only got 20 minutes,the keeper did nothing wrong and we didnt concede, so  lets hope it was a one off from us but its not good for the blood pressure. 

Dunbar were very fortunate today,Craigie were by far the better team,well for most of the game anyway. First half was dire from a Dunbar point of view,second half was no better but Dunbar managed to score a couple and waste a hatful of chances. I suppose I went today expecting to win, why not ,but also by how many. How wrong . Every thing about Dunbar today was flat. The passing was terrible The finishing was shocking.  If anybody thinks that it is going to be easy getting the points needed to get promotion,then today should be the wake up call they need. Dunbars best player was Handling and he only got 20 minutes,the keeper did nothing wrong and we didnt concede, so  lets hope it was a one off from us but its not good for the blood pressure. 

Not a great performance today, however 3 points and another clean sheet. I felt we would always score, the Craigroyston goalkeeper made a few great saves and our goalkeeper wasn't really troubled all game. Credit to Craigie, they put in a good shift and were a lot more organised than the first game at St Marks. Better needed moving forward, however 17 wins from 20, we can't be too critical.

Penicuik Athletic 1-2 Blackburn Utd
An Andy McQuillan goal in each half saw Blackburn overvcome Superleague Penicuik Athletic in the Fife & Lothians Cup. Unsurprisingly Penicuik had the majority of early possession but Blackburn soaked up the majority of the pressure with goalie Gavin King pulling off a couple of good saves and caught Penicuik on the break after about 30 minutes with McQuillan seizing on a defensive error to slot home from a narrow angle. Penicuik struggled to create good chances from open play and looked frustrated going into the break. Second half saw Penicuik draw level quickly knocking home a fine cross from the right. Penicuik looked to take the game to Blackburn and clearly upped the pace of their game but Blackburn held firm. On the hour mark Blackburn re-established their lead with a terrific McQuillan piledriver from distance after battling into the Penicuik half. Penicuik upped the pressure to get back into the game giving Blackburn a couple of half chances to score again on the break.

A terrific team performance from Blackburn but a couple of top class finishes from Andy McQuillan certainly helps!

I slightly disagree. Dunbar were far from their best today but they were the only team that looked like winning. Craigroyston battled well but Dunbar keeper barely had a save to make, if at all. Grinding out the wins are sometimes just as valuable as a 5-0!

I do agree on Handling. By far the best player for weeks now.

Feck sake Lee 1/7 and let my coupon down for over a grand.
How could you no score against a team that last conceded only 1 (Let alone a shutout) 16 games ago, against mmmmmmmmmmmm Rosyth.

Am at Oakley now neebs

2 hours ago, PastyMan said:

A terrific team performance from Blackburn but a couple of top class finishes from Andy McQuillan certainly helps!

Two lovely finishes, in particular the second

West Calder 2 Oakley 0
Deserved at least a draw out this game today

You probably did lee as you missed 3/4 golden chances to score but we took ours which thru the season we were probably due that bit of luck tbh

15 hours ago, PastyMan said:

Penicuik Athletic 1-2 Blackburn Utd
An Andy McQuillan goal in each half saw Blackburn overvcome Superleague Penicuik Athletic in the Fife & Lothians Cup. Unsurprisingly Penicuik had the majority of early possession but Blackburn soaked up the majority of the pressure with goalie Gavin King pulling off a couple of good saves and caught Penicuik on the break after about 30 minutes with McQuillan seizing on a defensive error to slot home from a narrow angle. Penicuik struggled to create good chances from open play and looked frustrated going into the break. Second half saw Penicuik draw level quickly knocking home a fine cross from the right. Penicuik looked to take the game to Blackburn and clearly upped the pace of their game but Blackburn held firm. On the hour mark Blackburn re-established their lead with a terrific McQuillan piledriver from distance after battling into the Penicuik half. Penicuik upped the pressure to get back into the game giving Blackburn a couple of half chances to score again on the break.

Very honest assessment of the game I was really impressed with Blackburn they had a game plan and it certainly worked.The lad up front caused us loads of problems.

I think Blackburn will be an asset to thePremier League assuming this stupid reconstruction gets bombed.

Very honest assessment of the game I was really impressed with Blackburn they had a game plan and it certainly worked.The lad up front caused us loads of problems.
I think Blackburn will be an asset to thePremier League assuming this stupid reconstruction gets bombed.

And they get promoted. 6 points still needed for promotion

I'm  no sure you did deserve a draw if am honest, Oakley did miss a couple of decent chances but so did Cauther and the big guy had a couple of decent stops aswell.

However am surprised you get as much effort and commitment from your team when you have idiots that come to "support" you and all they do is shout abuse at the players! Not sure if it was a couple of them or just the one but it was out of order. Fair enough being annoyed  cos your teams getting beat but it was way over the top!!

West Calder 2 Oakley 0

I'm  no sure you did deserve a draw if am honest, Oakley did miss a couple of decent chances but so did Cauther and the big guy had a couple of decent stops aswell.
However am surprised you get as much effort and commitment from your team when you have idiots that come to "support" you and all they do is shout abuse at the players! Not sure if it was a couple of them or just the one but it was out of order. Fair enough being annoyed  cos your teams getting beat but it was way over the top!!
West Calder 2 Oakley 0

All about opinions neebs,your right though west Calder did have a few chances that our goalie coach did great with but from my point of view we missed at least 4 sitters ,had a stonewall penalty turned down in the second half and our young boy sent off for a great tackle in front of your bench with 15 to go and also your first goal according to all our supporters and players,the ball was out of play but your Lino never put his flag up,I can't say anything about it as I was on the other side of the park and our players should have played to the whistle,your second goal was a good goal though with minutes to go,I thought both teams were evenly matched and felt we deserved a draw but goals change games and we aren't scoring at the minute.so your right we got what we deserved in the end

On 4/1/2017 at 21:22, #DUFC said:

I slightly disagree. Dunbar were far from their best today but they were the only team that looked like winning. Craigroyston battled well but Dunbar keeper barely had a save to make, if at all. Grinding out the wins are sometimes just as valuable as a 5-0!

I do agree on Handling. By far the best player for weeks now.

You can only get away with playing like this now and again and we have done it too often this season, but its the points that matter. But if we play like that at Crossgates I think we will be in a bit of bother.  I remember they gave us a hard time at NCP and we just managed to win 3-2 , but they have went to all the top teams and have given them a game and they scored 3 at Pumpherston on Saturday and although they lost , this is going to be a very difficult game and we need to be up for it and start playing again. Would you change the team for this week.?   

You can only get away with playing like this now and again and we have done it too often this season, but its the points that matter. But if we play like that at Crossgates I think we will be in a bit of bother.  I remember they gave us a hard time at NCP and we just managed to win 3-2 , but they have went to all the top teams and have given them a game and they scored 3 at Pumpherston on Saturday and although they lost , this is going to be a very difficult game and we need to be up for it and start playing again. Would you change the team for this week.?   

Think you need to start Handling. Who drops out is a good question?! He has played well in the number 10 role but King is a constant threat from set pieces.
Either way, I agree, Dunbar will need to be at the races to come away with maximum points.

Archived