East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, dealornodeal said:

Looks to me that Blackburn have the title in the bag with the easier run in  than the other three with Dunbar a close second.

I would disagree with the easier run in tbh. Pumpherston to me have the easiest run in with only 2 away games. Blackburn will take 6 points in there next 2 games but it will be a tough final 4 matches for them with 3 of them away against top half teams. However, points on the board is a big advantage but it's far from over.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of points to be won and lost and as I've said all season long, it will go to the wire.  We still have to go to Dunbar, Lochgelly and West Calder, all three tough venues to get a result.

Great to have 3 or 4 teams going for the two promotion spots at this stage of the season, imagine if that was only one automatic promotion spot, as this re-organisation proposal recommends.........

On 12/03/2017 at 19:44, Desperate Bamstik said:

Managed to get up the road for my second game of the season , great result but not so great game . I think both teams looked a bit  nervy which didn't make for great football , two great finishes right enough . Pumphy like to put the boot in do they not ? I thought they could have had a second player sent of for a second booking too . Was good to keep the free scoring boy Murray quiet and eventually subbed off . 

Is this the end of the Pumphy promotion challenge ? The guy who is pumping all the money into them is sure to be hacked off if that's the case .

It would be footballing justice if us and Burnie go up having done it without external financial help .....

Murray was struggling as he has been since January with shingles. he needs a few weeks rest and hopefully back for the run in. Who by the way was a free from uni football. 

Our top scorer mcritchie? Signed from amateur. Just thought I'd point that out. 

Simple answer to question is get an official to call Rosyth to find out its getting nearer to saturday.I'm sure Dunbar fans were left in the dark about their fixture witj Rosyth.

Becoming a bit of a shambles. Still don't know if we have a game Saturday and if we do where it's being played. No contact from Rosyth to us as far as I'm aware

Rosyth have been trying to source a generator, to allow them to return home. Their facebook said two weeks ago that they'd have it in place for the Easthouses game. The lack of announcement probably implies that they're still in the process of trying to secure one.

They've played two home games at Kelty and had one home fixture scheduled for Crossgates on a day when Kelty were themselves at home. The Crossgates one (and most other games that day) was waterlogged off.

I agree though that it's becoming last-minute. There surely has to be some confirmation a.s.a.p. today of whether they've found a generator so can be 'home' properly, or whether again at Crossgates (for example).

With the weather forecast, perhaps there's an expectation that it'd be PPd anyway...

Morning

Just to clarify things , we have secured a generator for our ground , and we HAVE informed both Easthouses and the ref about the situation, out with our control something has happened at our ground and with the weather our park might not be playable this weekend all parties are being updated about the situation.

Thanks for those who has given us the support at this trying time.

Kirkcaldy YM  1 Blackburn Utd  4

Fraser Spence scored after 60 seconds to get us off to a cracking start with big John Drummond scoring a second on 25 minutes. Second half we didn't really get started and Kirkcaldy broke up possession well and scored a cracker on the hour mark, the first time Gavin King had a shot to deal with but he had no chance of saving it. It was nip and tuck for a while before Ross Donnelly came off the bench to loop a fantastic header into the net with 10 mins left before in injury time a diving Danny Campbell header from a Craig Young corner wrapped up the scoring.

A fairly disjointed performance but three points is all that matters.

3 hours ago, spur yb said:

Pumphy score?

Pumpherston 4 West Calder  0

Two first half goals from Ross Elliot and Nik Rendall were added to by another two from Elliot to complete his hatrick in the second half his third from the penalty spot.

On 16/03/2017 at 19:57, Monthespurrr said:

Murray was struggling as he has been since January with shingles. he needs a few weeks rest and hopefully back for the run in. Who by the way was a free from uni football. 

Our top scorer mcritchie? Signed from amateur. Just thought I'd point that out. 

Thanks. That's 2 good finds from supposedly lessor Ranks well done. I won't go into asking how much they are being paid every week !! If the rumours are true then it's quite a bit of money and to be fair to you it looks like they are worth every penny , again , well done . It's interesting that there are a lot of very good players playing amateur but can't be bothered with the seriousness of the junior game . I used to watch amateur football in Glasgow when I stayed there and there was some cracking players. 

All getting down to the business end of the league now and I reckon our game with Burnie will be the title decider but I won't rule out Pumphy either although 7 points behind Blackburn with only 5 games to go is maybe too much to ask for. 

Im wondering if the East Region are deliberately saving our game with Burnie for the last day of the season ? 

Dunbar still have an awful lot to do before we can even think of this game being a league decider. I think Pumpherston will be looking at promotion now as opposed to the league title, but that was a big game for them yesterday after the previous weeks result. I can't see them dropping any more points in the run in, but also don't see Blackburn dropping 7.

A 10 point gap to Blackburn is huge, regardless of games in hand and so for Dunbar, it really has to be one game at a time starting with a very tough trip to Oakley this week. 3 points are a must and they won't come easy.

5 hours ago, BlackandWhite said:

Dunbar still have an awful lot to do before we can even think of this game being a league decider. I think Pumpherston will be looking at promotion now as opposed to the league title, but that was a big game for them yesterday after the previous weeks result. I can't see them dropping any more points in the run in, but also don't see Blackburn dropping 7.

A 10 point gap to Blackburn is huge, regardless of games in hand and so for Dunbar, it really has to be one game at a time starting with a very tough trip to Oakley this week. 3 points are a must and they won't come easy.

Agreed i think Blackburn are too far in front of us to catch would mean for them to have a total collapse losing 3 possibly 2 and a draw which I can't see happening and us to win all our remaining games and ofcourse Dunbar would have to lose a few games for us to win title.Yesterday was a tricky game took us a while to break them down and we played the game without Zander but Ally came straight back in and you could see he's not match fit as he had to glorious chances to score in first half which earlier in the season was scoring them for fun.Connor in goal had a few cracking saves as he's been doing all season to keep a clean sheet. Ross Elliot stepped up to the plate yesterday scoring a hatrick and Nik Rendall free kick on the touchline 20 odd yards was probably meant to be a cross deceived the keeper and nestled into top corner of the net.Every game for us is a cup final now as we put in a final push for promotion next up a local derby at Livingston Utd.

Archived