East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

Oakley Utd 1 Blackburn Utd 6

The first half was a tight affair on a slippy surface, Oakley went ahead with a good finish before Andy McQuillan equalised with a header in off the underside of the bar, he then grabbed his second on the stroke of halftime. Second half Blackburn played some of their best football all season, the third and fourth came soon after the restart via a [new captain] Craig Young penalty and a fantastic Danny Campbell header. The home side were reduced to 10 men before McQuillan grabbed his hatrick with another fine header from a Gowans cross and Ross Donnelly completed the scoring with a cheeky backheel.

A very good performance after the "publicity" of last week.  Felt a bit for Oakley as they appeared to be down to the bare bones player wise.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/03/2017 at 16:51, Pistol88 said:

Dunbar 3-1 Pumpherston 

Darren Handling, Sam Young, Chris Grant 

Managed to get up the road for my second game of the season , great result but not so great game . I think both teams looked a bit  nervy which didn't make for great football , two great finishes right enough . Pumphy like to put the boot in do they not ? I thought they could have had a second player sent of for a second booking too . Was good to keep the free scoring boy Murray quiet and eventually subbed off . 

Is this the end of the Pumphy promotion challenge ? The guy who is pumping all the money into them is sure to be hacked off if that's the case .

It would be footballing justice if us and Burnie go up having done it without external financial help .....

Oakley Utd 1 Blackburn Utd 6
The first half was a tight affair on a slippy surface, Oakley went ahead with a good finish before Andy McQuillan equalised with a header in off the underside of the bar, he then grabbed his second on the stroke of halftime. Second half Blackburn played some of their best football all season, the third and fourth came soon after the restart via a [new captain] Craig Young penalty and a fantastic Danny Campbell header. The home side were reduced to 10 men before McQuillan grabbed his hatrick with another fine header from a Gowans cross and Ross Donnelly completed the scoring with a cheeky backheel.
A very good performance after the "publicity" of last week.  Felt a bit for Oakley as they appeared to be down to the bare bones player wise.

You deserved your win mate but the game turned on the ridiculous penalty decision,up until then we were still in it but you did score some cracking goals, up until now Dunbar have been the best team we have played but you were better than them yesterday and with big andy back in the groove and Craig young pulling the strings in midfield ,I think you will win the league

1 hour ago, number4 said:

You deserved your win mate but the game turned on the ridiculous penalty decision,up until then we were still in it but you did score some cracking goals, up until now Dunbar have been the best team we have played but you were better than them yesterday and with big andy back in the groove and Craig young pulling the strings in midfield ,I think you will win the league

The penalty incident happened almost right in front of me and it looked the right decision, Andy was played in, knocked the ball past your defender and he barged him over. Anywhere else on the park and it was a foul. The footage from our video man was probably not too different from your view and it does look soft from that angle, but imo - and I know I'm a bit biased - it was a pen. The ref was right behind it and in a good position to see it.

Andy seems to be finding his form again at the right time, that's 31 for the season, and Youngy is a fantastic player to have in any team at this level. Good luck for the rest of the season.

The penalty incident happened almost right in front of me and it looked the right decision, Andy was played in, knocked the ball past your defender and he barged him over. Anywhere else on the park and it was a foul. The footage from our video man was probably not too different from your view and it does look soft from that angle, but imo - and I know I'm a bit biased - it was a pen. The ref was right behind it and in a good position to see it.
Andy seems to be finding his form again at the right time, that's 31 for the season, and Youngy is a fantastic player to have in any team at this level. Good luck for the rest of the season.

The footage from your video isn't the correct penalty claim,that was outside the box and our number 5 got sent off for it,the real penalty wasn't caught on video as our linesman walked in front of him[emoji85]but it was soft, all the best and think you will win the the league if you keep performing like that,John Drummond had a good game at centre half as well,always thought he was a winger[emoji23]

6 minutes ago, number4 said:

The footage from your video isn't the correct penalty claim,that was outside the box and our number 5 got sent off for it,the real penalty wasn't caught on video as our linesman walked in front of himemoji85.pngbut it was soft, all the best and think you will win the the league if you keep performing like that,John Drummond had a good game at centre half as well,always thought he was a wingeremoji23.png

Now that you mention it, I did actually think that it was Swanny that was fouled for the penalty and not Andy which confused me a bit - as you say that was the second booking for your centre-half that's in the video - jeezo, you can never trust the media and their editing to manipulate the truth :lol:  (I still thought it was a pen though, obviously lol)

Big Drummy has been a revelation. He played a friendly as a trialist out on the right and he looked good, signed him and next thing I know he's centre half! hardly put a foot wrong there since he signed. He's a big part of why we're still top.

On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 19:24, imho said:

Dunbar got the points in a pretty dull game, but thats all that matters and a couple of cracking goals . Still any two from three but after Blackburn battering Oakley, you would have to say they are certs to go up, but with whom.  

Wasn't much in it in the first half Dunbar seemed to play better after King went off injured and top scorer Ballantyne came on.Deserved victory in end for Dunbar.

8 hours ago, pumphy_man said:

Wasn't much in it in the first half Dunbar seemed to play better after King went off injured and top scorer Ballantyne came on.Deserved victory in end for Dunbar.

18 hours ago, Desperate Bamstik said:

Managed to get up the road for my second game of the season , great result but not so great game . I think both teams looked a bit  nervy which didn't make for great football , two great finishes right enough . Pumphy like to put the boot in do they not ? I thought they could have had a second player sent of for a second booking too . Was good to keep the free scoring boy Murray quiet and eventually subbed off . 

Is this the end of the Pumphy promotion challenge ? The guy who is pumping all the money into them is sure to be hacked off if that's the case .

It would be footballing justice if us and Burnie go up having done it without external financial help .....

I would say three great finishes. Given what was at stake, it was no surprise that the game didnt live up to expectations and I am not of the opinion that Pumphy put the boot in. The referee went card happy and could easily have booked some home players as well. It was a full bloodied game and not dirty at all, how many times were the physios on, ? Anyway, we managed to get the points . Only your second game, yet you seem to think that Pumphy are heavily backed and Blackburn arent.  I will say you are well wide of the mark thinking Blackburn arent, but Im sure we will hear from others regarding your assumptions. 

On 3/2/2017 at 00:10, pumphy_man said:

Should become much clearer over next 3 weeks with Lochgelly playing Pumphy and Dunbar and sandwiched in between Dunbar v Pumpherston 

Lochgelly have had a couple of games off recently but I notice they have beaten HOB and Thornton Hibs in friendlies, so they are in form so to speak. Looking at the league, they are still in with a chance but must win all their games and in doing so would equal what Pumphy can get, so there is still something to play for , and at home they are always difficult, so Dunbar will have to be at their very best to come away with anything and although we have won games recently, we have not really played that well, but  we have put in a good shift to get on level terms with Pumphy and the longer we can keep it level ,the better it is. Pumphy and Blackburn will pick up full points in the next two games whilst Dunbar have two tough away games, at Oakley after Lochgelly. For me, Dunbar's next two games are the biggest of the season. Definitely been the most enjoyable season for years.  

Here's the run in

Blackburn Utd:

Home: Stoneyburn, Crossgates                               

Away:  Kirkcaldy, West Calder, Dunbar, Lochgelly

Pumpherston:

Home: West Calder, Crossgates, Lochgelly, Rosyth

Away: Livingston, Stoneyburn

Dunbar Utd:

Home: Blackburn, Craigroyston, Edinburgh

Away: Oakley, Lochgelly, Kirkcaldy, Crossgates, Livingston

Lochgelly Albert:

Home: Livingston,  Blackburn, Dunbar, Edinburgh, Rosyth, Stoneyburn

Away: Pumpherston, Crossgates, Easthouses,  West Calder

Only your second game, yet you seem to think that Pumphy are heavily backed and Blackburn arent.  I will say you are well wide of the mark thinking Blackburn arent, but Im sure we will hear from others regarding your assumptions. 

As President of Blackburn United I feel it only right and proper I should make comment on the above. I suppose it really depends on what you mean by implying that Blackburn are "heavily backed", but I'm assuming you mean that there is someone behind the scenes supplying money?

Put as clearly as I can, this is simply not true.....and if you have heard otherwise then someone is speculating wildly and entirely inaccurately. Every single penny invested in the team, every one, is sustainable and has been made through pitchside advertising, shirt sponsorship, bingo and lottery activities, programme sales and adverts and kitchen takings - and all thanks to the very real and very hard work of a small and tight knit committee.

Again, if you've heard otherwise then, although I can't make you believe me, all I can do is to assure you once more that what you will have heard is entirely baseless and unsubstantiated rumour that quite simply isn't true.

37 minutes ago, Ian McG said:

As President of Blackburn United I feel it only right and proper I should make comment on the above. I suppose it really depends on what you mean by implying that Blackburn are "heavily backed", but I'm assuming you mean that there is someone behind the scenes supplying money?

Put as clearly as I can, this is simply not true.....and if you have heard otherwise then someone is speculating wildly and entirely inaccurately. Every single penny invested in the team, every one, is sustainable and has been made through pitchside advertising, shirt sponsorship, bingo and lottery activities, programme sales and adverts and kitchen takings - and all thanks to the very real and very hard work of a small and tight knit committee.

Again, if you've heard otherwise then, although I can't make you believe me, all I can do is to assure you once more that what you will have heard is entirely baseless and unsubstantiated rumour that quite simply isn't true.

Fair enough Ian. I have no reason to doubt you, but there are plenty people saying this and even if you look back to page 30 on this thread, it was stated the same.  

Plenty of people saying it doesn't make it true. Page 30 refers to that guy bohessian? he came, he posted a "rumour", he disappeared. That kinda shows the believability of the rumour.  I recall one brilliant one doing the rounds that as well as building us a new ground, the Council gave us £100k in cash :lol:

Sad thing is, it's an insult to all the guys and girls on the committee (and fans) who put in a power of work to raise funds to get us to where we are.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Here's the run in

Blackburn Utd:

Pumpherston:

Dunbar Utd:

Lochgelly Albert:

Its got to be between the current top 3, and hope that Dunbar get one of the promotion places.

1 hour ago, Ian McG said:

I wouldn't worry about IMHO Ian , it appears that if I were to tell him it will be pitch dark at 2.30am in Dunbar he would say it was daylight .

As a wise man once said ....." better to be thought a fool than to speak out and have all doubt removed " .....

2 hours ago, Ian McG said:

Ian from an outsider looking in, your club appears to be very well run. I would never put Blackburn in the bracket of being heavily backed financially. It appears to be a sustainable set up, backed by a hard working committee with a community who are starting to get behind the club.

From a football perspective you have had the good base of team for a few years and have this year added that extra bit of quality needed.

The end to the season looks like it could be a cracker. Enjoy it.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Here's the run in

Blackburn Utd:

Pumpherston:

Dunbar Utd:

Lochgelly Albert:

Looks to me that Blackburn have the title in the bag with the easier run in  than the other three with Dunbar a close second.

19 minutes ago, dealornodeal said:

Looks to me that Blackburn have the title in the bag with the easier run in  than the other three with Dunbar a close second.

Way too early for that. Dunbar's 2 games in hand could cut Blackburn's lead to a single point with the head to head being at Dunbar.

Plenty of drama left in the league race yet.

13 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Way too early for that. Dunbar's 2 games in hand could cut Blackburn's lead to a single point with the head to head being at Dunbar.

Plenty of drama left in the league race yet.

Dunbar will drop more points than Blackburn 

Archived