East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

fare enough no team are certs but from what I gather it is any 2 from 3 with Dunbar the unlikliest candidates to slip up in the runin every one I speak to from fife clubs who have seen Blackburn have said they have been fortunate to take all 3 points against them this season and have been surprised by pumphy 

Am sure Oakley wouldn't have said that about Blackburn [emoji23]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think anyone should right off Blackburn here, they have strengthened their squad bringing in the likes of Craig Young and a few others to give them a push on for the rest of the season. Im sure Mark and Jamie will have them fired up especially as they ve been the nearly men a couple of times now.

We should have a fully fit squad today [apart from Darren Mitchell in goals] for almost the first time this season, Danny Campbell will be back today, he's been out since the defeat at Rosyth in September, plus Fraser Cormack is back, he has been out since, I think, the away win over Easthouses in October. A few others will have shaken off niggles they've had at various points.

1 hour ago, The Doctor 46 said:

I dont think anyone should right off Blackburn here, they have strengthened their squad bringing in the likes of Craig Young and a few others to give them a push on for the rest of the season. Im sure Mark and Jamie will have them fired up especially as they ve been the nearly men a couple of times now.

I agree . They have been at the top for a long time and have beaten both Pumphy and Dunbar and as you say, they have strengthened their squad,something Dunbar havent done . 

On 1/4/2017 at 22:35, pumphy_man said:

Dunbar certainly don't leak many goals and Pumpherston are top scorers in East Region.

Well, Dunbar leaked a few today and Pumphy have now scored 72 goals in in 16 league games ,a brilliant effort and they and Blackburn have now started to pull away from the rest. 

13 minutes ago, imho said:

Well, Dunbar leaked a few today and Pumphy have now scored 72 goals in in 16 league games ,a brilliant effort and they and Blackburn have now started to pull away from the rest. 

You still have the two games in hand that puts you a point behind behind Pumphy and two behind Blackburn if you win them of course.And you still have us and Blackburn at NCP 

13 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

You still have the two games in hand that puts you a point behind behind Pumphy and two behind Blackburn if you win them of course.And you still have us and Blackburn at NCP 

Some result, Well done! Pumphy's goal scoring has been quite astonishing. It certainly sets up the game with Blackburn in a fortnight.

Oakley 5 craigroyston 0,
First half could have went either way with us missing a few chances and craigroyston doing the same but second half we scored 2 quick goals thru Gollan and Cele then they had there centre half sent off for a last man challenge and we scored 3 more thru cammy smith and 2 from yanni .

Blackburn United 4 Easthouses Lily 0

As comfortable as it sounds, Spence opened the scoring after half an hour and Lily almost equalised but for a great save from Gavin McQuillan. Second half Blackburn dominated and two early goals from Chris Marshall and Andy McQuillan won the game with Swan finishing off the scoring which could have been more but for a couple of great saves from the Easthouses keeper.

I dont think anyone should right off Blackburn here

I think you're quite correct. Mark and Jamie appear to have slowly gone about building and improving upon a squad over the past few seasons - much as Dunbar seem to have too, and Haddington before them - and their side have therefore been the nearly men of the division more than I think they'd care to have been.

It must be particularly galling to see others who have struggled at the foot of the division over the years suddenly benefit from relatively healthy investment overhaul them in several of the past seasons and it may happen to them again. Perhaps, though, this will be their year.

Blackburn United 4 Easthouses Lily 0
As comfortable as it sounds, Spence opened the scoring after half an hour and Lily almost equalised but for a great save from Gavin McQuillan. Second half Blackburn dominated and two early goals from Chris Marshall and Andy McQuillan won the game with Swan finishing off the scoring which could have been more but for a couple of great saves from the Easthouses keeper.

How long will u keep hold of swanny? The lads a class apart.. no very pacy though[emoji15][emoji15]

Pumpherston 3 Dunbar 0

Three first half's goals from Jack Mclaren  Zander Murray and Mark Wilkins gave Pumphy a well deserved win.However keeper Connor Shaw pulled off a few fantastic saves at crucial points during the game to keep a clean sheet against a team that doesn't leak many goals.A very good performance from the Pumphy boys today.Missing in action today was top scorer Ally Mcritchie who failed a late fitness test,hopefully be available next week against Crossgates at home.

Edinburgh Utd 3 - 6 West Calder

Great result for any team coming away from here with 3 points and scoring 6 goals.

Never got off to a good start after going down 1 nil to the home team but the boss made a couple of changes then we started to play. 

In a game that had maybe a couple of bad tackles there must have been 8 or 9 guys seen the yellow card and possible Edinburgh No 5 seeing it twice! I was sure he had his name taken in the first half and again after the break but as the ref was throwing them about like a man wi 8 arms then possibly I got it wrong.

Anyway a few really good performances from West Calder  on a very difficult park and 3 more points. Well done guys! 

5 hours ago, The Doctor 46 said:

Edinburgh Utd 3 - 6 West Calder

Great result for any team coming away from here with 3 points and scoring 6 goals.

Never got off to a good start after going down 1 nil to the home team but the boss made a couple of changes then we started to play. 

In a game that had maybe a couple of bad tackles there must have been 8 or 9 guys seen the yellow card and possible Edinburgh No 5 seeing it twice! I was sure he had his name taken in the first half and again after the break but as the ref was throwing them about like a man wi 8 arms then possibly I got it wrong.

Anyway a few really good performances from West Calder  on a very difficult park and 3 more points. Well done guys! 

West Calder are putting in a decent run of results together  just now.

Archived