East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good even league this year on paper
south league teams been unlucky in a way over the last couple of years that a team has chucked a couple of pound at it to push for promotion

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

Edinburgh utd never had lots of money
Haddington has been pretty steady in terms of there budget for years.
Tranents budget was less than Haddingtons the year before so that's not correct. Although tranents budget last year compared to previous years was a big swing.

7 hours ago, Anychance said:

Good even league this year on paper
south league teams been unlucky in a way over the last couple of years that a team has chucked a couple of pound at it to push for promotion

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

I think you're probably correct, this season there doesn't appear to be any one club who have a budget dwarfing the rest in the league, that will make for a close competition. I don't think you're going to get one or two clubs running away with it, we'll see.

Hi bit off thread but as Craigie match secretary can anybody tell me if clubs confirm match details by email or phone.

Thanks

Most clubs phone or text if they can't get a hold of the secretary. Should be done 48hrs before game. If leaving a text or voicemail I always ask them to confirm receipt of the message just in case. Same with contacting the referees.

Only know of one club that never phones and always emails .....they are in your league this season lol.

Are you slogging it outfor another season or hanging the boots up Combie 

Hung the gloves up for a whole 6 weeks mate.... But after a few calls and after mulling over a couple of offers to keep playing and a couple of coaching offers I'm Boomeranging it back to Dalkeith as player/coach for a third spell!

On 7/7/2016 at 22:39, lothianstar9 said:

Blackburn and Dunbar for me, cant see any of the teams coming down matching them too, Easthouses and Rosyth not far behind

Everything seems quiet down the bottom end of East Lothian. Anyone heard whats going on or not at Dunbar. I hear they have let 6 players go, so who have they brought in to replace them. 

17 hours ago, Thewhitepele said:

When will the odds be out for the league? Any ideas

Could anyone advise what the admission fee will be for South division games and friendlies this season ,normal and concessionary please.? I found this in the ERJFA handbook, is this still the costs or have they went up.?

60. Admission charges to all grounds under the jurisdiction of the Region shall be: Super League/Premier League: Adult: £5 Child & Senior Citizen £2 District Leagues: Adult £4 Child & Senior Citizen £2 Where a Super/Premier League team are involved against a District League team, then the higher tariff will apply in cup ties.  

1 hour ago, imho said:

Could anyone advise what the admission fee will be for South division games and friendlies this season ,normal and concessionary please.? I found this in the ERJFA handbook, is this still the costs or have they went up.?

60. Admission charges to all grounds under the jurisdiction of the Region shall be: Super League/Premier League: Adult: £5 Child & Senior Citizen £2 District Leagues: Adult £4 Child & Senior Citizen £2 Where a Super/Premier League team are involved against a District League team, then the higher tariff will apply in cup ties.  

Friendlies will vary from Club to Club  - some will be free, others will ask for voluntary donation or expectance to buy a raffle but on the whole the Friendlies are not about obtaining gate money. That said, some clubs will demand the standard entry fees (Which I personally think isn't right) but I suppose if they've gone to a lot of work to arrange a "glamour" game against a senior team then they might want to cash in.

The prices you've quoted are from the 2015-16 Hand-Book and I'm sure I read somewhere else that the East Region had voted at the AGM to increase prices in-line with the West Region so think Super/Premier are going up to £6/£3 and the Regionals are going to £5/£2.

Archived