5 ex-players you would have back now (stolen from premiership forum)

Saw this upstairs and thought would be worth a go in here. And as i am a part-timer in here, thought I could do something useful to aid the dullness of the summer months.

Personally I would love the following players back at tannadice for the coming season :-

Stuart Armstrong

Nadir Ciftci

Ryan Gauld

Dusan Pernis

GMS

And just for kicks, 5 retired or deid players would be:-

Malpas

Bannon

Bowman

Charlie Miller

Ralphie Milne

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Dobbie
Chris Kane
Danny Rogers
Paul McGinn
Iain Chisholm

The only retired one that immediately springs to mind is Paddy Flannery, but I trust there's plenty of Sons fans of a certain vintage who will be able to name hunners of players from the 70s that they'd have back. I've not seen any of them play though, so I'll leave it to them.

My guesses would be Kenny Wilson, Roy Mccormack, Lawrie Williams, Colin/Tom McAdam from my Dad's conversations about his youth.

Edit: I refuse to put Nadè in until he's officially no longer our player.

Second edit: I thought I'd put McGinn in, but I must've imagined that. Devlin papped out.

Armstrong

Russell

Gauld

McKay-Steven

Fojut

ETA: And playing by Deefiant's rules, Malpas, Hegarty, Yeats, Gallacher, Sturrock.

Edit 2: I know this is the Premiership thread, but we might end up back here as a result of Div constantly fucking with the space-time continuum.

Took us three years to get out of the seaside league - would struggle to think of five former players still playing that I'd take back (apart from El Bak). 

Given a time machine, for a game of fives...

GK: Andy Rhodes

Doug Rougvie (would have loved to see him play 5s)

Istvan Kozma

George O'Boyle

Faiassal El Bakhtaoui 

Stephen Dobbie

Ian McShane

Nicky Clark

Gavin Reilly

Kevin Holt

(and wouldn't be averse to Danny Carmichael and Mark Durnan either). We need a left sided player more though so went for Holt.

We probably don't have any need for three more forwards but those three were so good I'd merrily have them all back.

Archived