Europa League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen and Hearts should win both q1 games

In Q2, I think Aberdeen will win both games, Hearts will get a win and a draw and Hibs'll get a win but lose on aggregate.

Scottish clubs aside there are a few interesting ties

Differange vs Cliftonville
Cork City vs Linfield (a warm for the Irn-Bru Cup)
Staebek vs Connah Quay
IFK Goetburg vs Llandudno

Other Irn Bru Cup entrants Bala Town will be playing at the venue for this years UEL final - The Friends Arena - home to AIK

In Q2, I think Aberdeen will win both games, Hearts will get a win and a draw and Hibs'll get a win but lose on aggregate.

Staebek vs Connah Quay

Except that Cork are not in the Irn-Bru Cup.

Shit draw for Linfield. Cork are a very good side who are mid-season, while we have yet to play a friendly. I will travel in hope and nothing else.

Staebek vs Connah Quay

Other Irn Bru Cup entrants Bala Town will be playing at the venue for this years UEL final - The Friends Arena - home to AIK

Hibs look likely to play Brondby which looks a very difficult test. Id be very impressed if they progressed

Brondby are a top Danish Superliga side and Hibs are in the second tier of Scotland should be easy enough for Brondby. No idea how good Hearts and Aberdeen's opponents are.

• 2 weeks later...

Brondby are a top Danish Superliga side and Hibs are in the second tier of Scotland should be easy enough for Brondby. No idea how good Hearts and Aberdeen's opponents are.

They were a mess for the latter part of last year and finished way off the pace, practically falling to pieces as the season neared an end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Danish_Superliga

Hibs have a chance.

They were a mess for the latter part of last year and finished way off the pace, practically falling to pieces as the season neared an end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Danish_Superliga

Hibs have a chance.

Brondby comfortable 4-1 winners tonight. Looks like their Easter Road bound

Poor to see Aberdeen scraping a win at home to a Luxembourg side and Hearts only winning 2-1 against an Estonian side. I would have hoped Scottish teams would have been better than that. Guess that's the state our games at.

I'm in favour of summer football but wouldn't it have stopped for the Euros anyway? It's all well and good Ireland carrying on during the tournament but they don't have any internationals in the league.

If Scotland played through a tournament all the teams with internationals would suffer... which could have a major effect especially if Scotland qualify at some point.

The teams that would likely suffer most would be Celtic and Rangers so it's especially unlikely to be allowed to happen.

Archived