Troon F.C. 2016/17

Troon Portland

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took the game in yesterday as a neutral, who is the Troon manager ?? When Talbot went down to 10 men, the ex manager called via mobile to a person situated next to the Troon dugout, mobile was then passed to the incumbent in the dugout and instructions were issued, wtf is that all about ??

On 22/06/2016 at 13:29, Troon Portland said:

I can categorically state THAT is not true. And I know, I signed his contract! I'm not ever going to discuss anyone's actual wages, but there isn't a single Troon player contracted for anything near that amount.

I think a few of the comments on here are a bit unfair. It's no secret that when Jim & Jimmy Kirkwood came in to Troon the club was at a very low ebb both on & off the field, and they have saved our club. Any personal investment from Jim has gone on infrastructure at the ground, and Portland Park is now a very impressive Junior ground to visit. The park is one of the best in Scotland (not just the Juniors), the terracing has been expanded & improved a few times in the last few years but the biggest improvement is in the clubhouse. It is now not only perfect for matchdays, but also a fantastic venue for all kinds of other functions. Jim's investment in this has brought a steady income back in & that has obviously improved our budget - isn't that the best way to improve a club?

Nobody likes to see what has happened to Irvine Meadow financially, but at our A.G.M. last Sunday we saw that the books balanced again for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. If you are balancing the books through hard work, nobody can begrudge you a few signings surely?

It's a pity jimmy entices young senior players in on loan and fails to pay them their travelling expenses. Leaving them out of pocket. Is that the Troon way?

10 hours ago, Stillseekfedup said:

Please do tell

Jimmy texted this player promising expenses and game time. 4 months down the line no expenses were paid. 80 mile round trip for training n games 3 times a week,left him well out of pocket. Shameful way to treat a young lad trying to make his way in the game. It almost led this lad into quitting football.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived