kilsyth rangers 2016/17

Krfc 10

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

How was the game? Decent crowd?

Terrible from Kilsyth. Defense was posted missing. Very little positives from the game. Prentice worked his ass off all game. Cant say much more than that.

Final score 2-7

You went else where because it was a fiver ? Really!! No wonder junior clubs struggle to survive if a fiver and 2.50 concession which most probably are, is too much to ask. It was a decent game for most part with Kilsyth losing goals in quick succession at the end of each half. Kilsyth obviously have a lot to work on and obviously not ready for that level of competition. Should the pies have been cheaper today as well cause it was just a friendly?  I'm sure a paid top whack for that as well !

Just now, kilsythblue said:

How much should you pay ?? Are the costs to host such a game any less that those of a competitive match. 

It's a training session. The players need to  train and they need games as part of that.  You're charging nearly full price for a kick about. It's not about costs - if you're running a football club and need to get players fit that's part of your costs.  Just passing them to punters to subsidise training is becoming a familiar pattern. Not that you'd have got much in as there was hardly anyone there. Kilsyth were brutal and if that was a reflection of your strength then I'd be pretty concerned. I daresay it'll be different when the real stuff starts though. 

13 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

Feck sake man seven two. 

Was going to head along with a couple of others but fiver nah went elsewhere. 

Was told by a player that kilsyth were rank poor fans home fans who paid out for that couldn't have been many. 

If you're struggling that much I could've lent you a couple of quid. Or you could have keeked through the fence.

How much should you pay ?? Are the costs to host such a game any less that those of a competitive match. 

But it's not a competitive match, it's a kick about to get teams fit, £3 & £2 or even just a donation is ample

3 minutes ago, HTG said:

It's a training session. The players need to  train and they need games as part of that.  You're charging nearly full price for a kick about. It's not about costs - if you're running a football club and need to get players fit that's part of your costs.  Just passing them to punters to subsidise training is becoming a familiar pattern. Not that you'd have got much in as there was hardly anyone there. Kilsyth were brutal and if that was a reflection of your strength then I'd be pretty concerned. I daresay it'll be different when the real stuff starts 

What a patronising response my good fellow. It was hardly a kick about and attending a match to be entertained then you should be paying for the privilege. Who does cover the costs if not the punter?  Linlithgow have been through for preseason the last 3 years and Kilsyth have  shown them hospitality and a decent surface to play on and a  competitive  game. Today we were not at our best. The club trying to cover the costs involved and shame on them make a few bob on the back of a Linlithgow crowd !! To me that's balancing the books and that's running a football club my kind sir 

I don't see a problem with charging to get into the game. What is more of an issue is our defence that has shipped 13 goals in two games.

As a matter of interest, what would Lithgow have charged for the game today if they had been at home?

47 minutes ago, c'mon kilsyth said:

I don't see a problem with charging to get into the game. What is more of an issue is our defence that has shipped 13 goals in two games.

As a matter of interest, what would Lithgow have charged for the game today if they had been at home?

Same probably lol. I'm not having a go at Kilsyth. Most clubs do it. We'll see next week when Beith come. 

And it was definitely a kick about. And I never got any hospitality. As long as I contributed to it for someone else though that's fine. 

Following on from a heavy defeat in midweek versus Arthurlie.We were again today, totally a shambles and if this continues then I foresee big problems at Duncansfield. Today's performance was what only could be described as nothing more than shambolic and surely the club and their supporters deserve better than this. Not forgetting a heavy defeat on our last game of last season and we still have not improved it is not the visitors who should be complainng about  the fiver entrance fee but the loyal home supporters who have pay to suffer displays such as this squad have been serving up . Surely this can,t continue or the loyal support that we have left will also soon dissappear

I think the best thing to say is that it is still early days and we still have time to get things right before the season starts, but I agree that the defence is looking a bit ropey at present.

Re entrance fee, why not get a season ticket, great value rather than paying week by week.

16 hours ago, hareskirky said:

Feck sake man seven two. 

Was going to head along with a couple of others but fiver nah went elsewhere. 

Was told by a player that kilsyth were rank poor fans home fans who paid out for that couldn't have been many. 

why are you even commenting on how many fans were there from Kilsyth, pot and kettle coming from Kirky when o that's right you don't even have a park:), you went elsewhere, good on you, don't need the likes of you at duncansfield anyway

51 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

why are you even commenting on how many fans were there from Kilsyth, pot and kettle coming from Kirky when o that's right you don't even have a park:), you went elsewhere, good on you, don't need the likes of you at duncansfield anyway

Talk about sour grapes, for a team that don't have a park they are doing pretty well. Why don't you give Clydebank, Rossvale and a few others that have had to groundshare in the past the same criticism. I know who are having the last laugh at the moment, and its not our fans.

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

Talk about sour grapes, for a team that don't have a park they are doing pretty well. Why don't you give Clydebank, Rossvale and a few others that have had to groundshare in the past the same criticism. I know who are having the last laugh at the moment, and its not our fans.

what are you on about, what's Clydebank and rossvale got to do with it? A was making a comment to gentleman from Kirky who was having a dig at our fans, just you stick to watching a different game from everyone else every week!

Archived