kilsyth rangers 2016/17

Krfc 10

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we played Bonnyrigg in the Scottish was in 1964 in the 5th round and we lost 3-1 at home after drawing 3-3 at Bonnyrigg. Their centre half (teams only had one in those days) was 'Colossus' Catenach, at about 6ft 8in he was the biggest player I have ever seen on a football pitch, hopefully he will now be retired.

In the 60's, as well as winning in 67 we lost to Rob Roy in 62, Bonnyrigg in 64, Linlithgow in Johnstone Burgh in 68, all eventual winners. It would seem that if you could get past Kilsyth you had a great chance of winning the cup.

One of the hardest draws we could've got in my opinion. I'm sure it'll be Bonnyrigg we play.

They should've beaten Dumbarton in the senior cup on Saturday, so no disrespect to Thorniewood, but I'd expect a very strong Bonnyrigg to take care of them comfortably.

It'll certainly be a huge challenge for our boys whoever we play but I'm sure they'll rise to it!!

8-0 today. What a game. Some great football played by the lads. Some cracking goals too. Cumbernauld keeper Conor O'Boyle made a few great saves to keep the score down.

3 goals from Scott Davidson, 2 from Danny O'Neill, and 1 each from Paul Mcbride, Chris Reid and debutant Iain Diack.

Got to agree with Euzi. Big Conor in goals made some decent saves to keep the score down or it would've been more.

The full team were on fire today from back to front and it definitely showed. 

Thought that Diack was a touch of class on his debut for us. He's gonna be a cracking signing by looks of things :thumsup2

that's the best display ive saw from us in a long time,totally destroyed cumbernauld today,who'd been in decent form up till today ,8-0,an it could have been double figures if wasn't for there keeper,to be honest had ma doubts bout the signing of diack ,but when he came on he was different class,never wasted one ball an scored a great header ,superb today ,onwards n upwards.

8 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

that's the best display ive saw from us in a long time,totally destroyed cumbernauld today,who'd been in decent form up till today ,8-0,an it could have been double figures if wasn't for there keeper,to be honest had ma doubts bout the signing of diack ,but when he came on he was different class,never wasted one ball an scored a great header ,superb today ,onwards n upwards.

Actually thought Cumbernauld created the better chances in the opening spells and that the first goal was against the run of play. Second goal was awful defending, after the ball came back off the post the United players just stood and watched.

At half time I expect most people there were thinking that if Cumbernauld scored next then things would certainly get interesting but when the hat trick goal went in via a deflection it was game over.

And it was at this point that if I was a United fan I'd be very worried - they just seemed to give up on the field and the bench certainly didnt appear to be offering any encouragement or tactical input. The fourth and sixth were good finishes, the fifth a free header and then the last two being the tin lid on a very poor 45 for the visitors. I didnt think Kilsyth actually had to play that well second half to run up eight goals and as mentioned the keeper had to save them a few times from a complete rout but you can only beat what is in front of you and it was a clinical display of putting away a team not at the races, which is what you need to do if looking to get promoted.

2 hours ago, drs said:

Actually thought Cumbernauld created the better chances in the opening spells and that the first goal was against the run of play. Second goal was awful defending, after the ball came back off the post the United players just stood and watched.

At half time I expect most people there were thinking that if Cumbernauld scored next then things would certainly get interesting but when the hat trick goal went in via a deflection it was game over.

And it was at this point that if I was a United fan I'd be very worried - they just seemed to give up on the field and the bench certainly didnt appear to be offering any encouragement or tactical input. The fourth and sixth were good finishes, the fifth a free header and then the last two being the tin lid on a very poor 45 for the visitors. I didnt think Kilsyth actually had to play that well second half to run up eight goals and as mentioned the keeper had to save them a few times from a complete rout but you can only beat what is in front of you and it was a clinical display of putting away a team not at the races, which is what you need to do if looking to get promoted.

away ye go, what a shit post, totally taking away any praise for kilsyth rangers clinical display and making an excuse for just about every goal, we destroyed cumbernauld, end of, would have beat most teams yesterday with that display

Archived