kilsyth rangers 2016/17

Krfc 10

14 hours ago, c'mon kilsyth said:

I think the best thing to say is that it is still early days and we still have time to get things right before the season starts, but I agree that the defence is looking a bit ropey at present.

Re entrance fee, why not get a season ticket, great value rather than paying week by week.Following on from a heavy defeat in midweek versus Arthurlie.We were again today, totally a shambles and if this continues then I foresee big problems at Duncansfield. Today's performance was what only could be described as nothing more than shambolic and surely the club and their supporters deserve better than this. Not forgetting a heavy defeat on our last game of last season and we still have not improved it is not the visitors who should be complainng about  the fiver entrance fee but the loyal home supporters who have pay to suffer displays such as this squad have been serving up . Surely this can,t continue or the loyal support that we have left will also soon dissappear

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

why are you even commenting on how many fans were there from Kilsyth, pot and kettle coming from Kirky when o that's right you don't even have a park:), you went elsewhere, good on you, don't need the likes of you at duncansfield anyway

All this nonsense from Kilsyth fans aimed at Rob Roy not having their own field falls into insignificance and detracts from what really is more important issues at Duncansfield. Rob Roy are in the Premier League with Kilsyth a league below and and that in itself tells you that they are the better team no matter where they play their games. Kilsytth,s first 3 friendly games performance's indicate that Kilsyth fans would be better advised to concentrate on what is happening at Duncansfield rather where  other teams play their games.

1 hour ago, takmadoon said:

All this nonsense from Kilsyth fans aimed at Rob Roy not having their own field falls into insignificance and detracts from what really is more important issues at Duncansfield. Rob Roy are in the Premier League with Kilsyth a league below and and that in itself tells you that they are the better team no matter where they play their games. Kilsytth,s first 3 friendly games performance's indicate that Kilsyth fans would be better advised to concentrate on what is happening at Duncansfield rather where  other teams play their games.

He has a wee dig at our supporters, and I have a wee dig back, it's called banter, lighten up a bit

I agree and appreciate that it is a bit of banter but let's get down to the nitty gritty.Do you think that we have improved since last season ? I don't think so, we don't seem to know how to play and what formation to go with. More a managerial problem don't you think ?

Lets hope those who are due back will indeed shore up the defence, I do not have enough knowledge regarding the technical merits of the manager, but he has kept us up the past couple of seasons and I really hope we are able to start to turn things around this season coming.

Along with many others, I have been watching Kilsyth for most of my 47 years and now like to take my son along as often as we can. It has been a few years since we were "successful" and I hope this can change this season.

As I said recently, we have a pitch that is the envy of many teams in the league, a great set up on a Saturday, all we need is a team to match this, and hopefully we can look aback at the end of the season to these early days blips.

10 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Prices for Wednesday night @ Lochinch v Ashfield?? 

I may be wrong, but I'll be surprised if there's a charge for that game, as it's part of Pollok Park and anybody can walk into it from various parts.

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 19:31, HTG said:

Same probably lol. I'm not having a go at Kilsyth. Most clubs do it. We'll see next week when Beith come. 

And it was definitely a kick about. And I never got any hospitality. As long as I contributed to it for someone else though that's fine. 

On admission costs - and I'm only putting this here because there was a wee conversation on it and not because it's Kilsyth - but Hearts have a home friendly coming up against Fleetwood for which entry costs are £5 and £1. That's a cracking recognition of the value of a pre season friendly. For what it's worth I would pitch junior pre season games at £2 and £1.

14 hours ago, takmadoon said:

Good post from HTG on Hearts admission charge and their recognition of their fans.and a more realistic charge for a junior friendly match

How can you compare a professional team with turn over in the millions to what a junior team charge?? . How many will attend that match? and what will  that equate to per capita is way in excess of what Kilsyth will have pulled in. A say again the home team set out to cover costs and raise revenue in the process. Kilsyth's first friendly at a neutral venue was free to all who came with the clubs incurring the costs. Linlithgow agreed to come to Kilsyth at no costs to them and enjoyed their day and sweet revenge for the 5 - 2 game the previous season. Hospitality and ref covered by home team as it should be. If you as kilsyth man "Tackmadoon"object to that fiver, or two quid you had to pay, then a suggest the next time you visit Duncansfield,  you take a look around you at the thousands of supporters and  hundreds of committee men and say yourself " How the hell do they keep this place running" I know from experience  that every penny is a prisoner, and the chance to make money out of what in junior terms is a glamour tie, against the East's big guns is why games like that and of  that ilk are  requested. The admission  charge in Kilsyth''s other preseason was £4 £2 . 

Archived