kilsyth rangers 2016/17

Krfc 10

Would've be a disaster if Prentice was to go elsewhere. Never had the greatest season last year, but still a top player, and could win games for us.

A very important player for us and I'd say if he's signed again that's one of the best signings we'll make all summer. Agreed he dipped in form along with rest of team but even then always maintained his attitude and was a pest to teams with his pace and work rate. His performances at times have set the bar very high which is hard to always maintain. He's still young and learning but is as you said a matchwinner and exactly the exciting kind of player it's great to see at the club. 😊

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That I know of Clougherty, Easton, Andreoni & not sure re Jordan Smith. Wasnt sure about Prentice as he had several offers but he has agreed to stay.

If Smith signs and commits to turning up then great as he helped the defence but of not then there's other defenders so we move on. The others, meh ðŸ˜, fair enough.

Any news on any new signings for the season ahead, or even players that have resigned? We can read all the other teams posting their new signings but nothing coming out of duncansfield?

Any updates on pre- season friendlies, as I have heard that the first friendly v Armadale has been cancelled, also as Krfc says it  would be good to know how our squad is shaping up as per other team posts

1st 8 fixtures have been published:

Sectional League Cup:

Sat 6th August Home v Rossvale

Wed 10th August Home v Cumbernauld

Sat 13th August Away v Rob Roy

Wed 17th August Away v Dunipace

League fixtures (all Saturday games)

27th August Home v Shettleston

3rd September Away v Maryhill

10th September Away v Renfrew

17th September Home v Irvine Meadow.

10 days between last league cup game and 1st league game.

Current squad as of 7th July:

Joe Barclay

Andy Carlin

Paul Doyle

Paul Mcbride

Kevin Mcbride

Keith Hogg

Michael McGee

Gary Kelly

Franny Kelly

Gary Livingstone

Damon Welsh

Corey Pearson

Chris Reid (suspended for 1st 4 games)

Nicky Prentice

Mark Tyrell

David Waters

Michael Duke (returning as back up keeper)

Screenshot_2016-07-07-06-29-36.png

2 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Any new signings to come??

Few other players at training. Would imagine they will feature in the friendlies to get a look at them.

36 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Be interesting to see who else is trialing with us?? Not surprised to see that Wee Danny Oneil wasn't in the list of signed players. Moved on elsewhere I take it?? 

Danny is back coaching in America. He left before the end of last season. Dont agree it wasnt a surprise as Danny had a few good games for us last season playing in a variety of positions.

Danny was a good squad player to have around, and gave us a steady replacement if someone was injured, or missing, and always played for the jersey.

However, no disrespect to the lad, but if I'm honest there was just something lacking from his game at this level that the guys like Bullit, Waters, Kev McBride, Joe Barclay, Nicky Prentice and Andy Carlin give you when in the team. 

I think for us to push on from last year, we need more players of the above quality to improve in strength as a team!

By the looks of things, the team is definitely shaping up well for this season tho, so looking forward to the season kick off 

Archived