Scottish Championship Winners/Playoffs/Relegated 16/17

Winners, playoffs, relegated.  

369 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

St Mirren

Dunfermline

Morton

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South

Dumbarton

Ayr

That's how I think it'll go, harsh on Raith but I think Locke will really screw them over. Going to give myself some leeway and say that the teams could swap over with the teams I think they'll be directly competing with. Dundee Utd are placed so high in the expectation that with there budget they should be able to get some good players in.

Mr Latapy your prediction is closest to reality I think. Although I think Raith may match last season's play off place. I see the Pars fans think this league is going to be a dawdle. It is much better than it was the last time they were in it.

© Hibernian 

------------------

Dundee United

Falkirk 

St Mirren

--------------------

Greenock Morton

Dunfermline Athletic

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South 

-------------------

Dumbarton

------------------

® Ayr United

With us winning the playoffs...

I reckon us and Ayr will struggle an awful lot unless some seriously impressive signings are made. Raith have Gary Locke, so Christ knows how they'll do. Queens were in freefall towards the end of last season, and have lost a few decent players. Perhaps Derek Lyle's age will finally catch up with him, in which case they could be in a spot of bother. How strong they can get in the coming weeks will be crucial to the two p/t club's hopes of survival.

Dunfermline. No idea. Allan Johnston is still an unproven manager imo. Walked a part-time diddy league with a full-time team again, but was woeful with Killie when faced with a challenge. It'll be interesting to see how they do, I reckon Morton-esque midtable obscurity. 

St Mirren will get the last playoff spot from Morton courtesy of their derby record. Falkirk will be less spectacular than last year, but still solid. Dundee United will threaten a title challenge under Ray McKinnon - who will make a massive difference by being tactically extremely bright - but ultimately fall some way short of Neil Lennon's Hibs who will Hearts the league in the end.

Feel free to refer back to this post when Hibs finish 6th, McKinnon does an Ian Murray and us and Ayr stay up comfortably.

Hibs, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Falkirk to finish top 4. Rovers, Pars, Morton to be the in between teams (any order). Queens to flirt with relegation zone but be fine. Ayr and Sons bottom two.

Weird season for us. Can't see us finishing 4th or going down (providing McKinnon does not decimate our defence)

Is it purely the Gary Locke factor that have people placing Raith lower than Dunfermline?  Looking at both squads at the moment I'd say Raith are comfortably better.  I'm not seeing Dunfermline's squad to be as strong as others are predicting. As good a signing that Reilly is, the rest of their team is about as "meh" as our squad.

Is it purely the Gary Locke factor that have people placing Raith lower than Dunfermline? Looking at both squads at the moment I'd say Raith are comfortably better. I'm not seeing Dunfermline's squad to be as strong as others are predicting. As good a signing that Reilly is, the rest of their team is about as "meh" as our squad.

Gary Locke is the worst manager in this league by a clear distance.

Gary Locke is the worst manager in this league by a clear distance.

Impossible to say that given that Skelton hasn't managed before.

I'll admit that Locke's record is poor, but he's got a decent squad of players there and if he can add 1 or 2 to that group then I doubt they'll be as chronic as folk make out.  It just seems strange to me that people are placing what looks like a fairly average Dunfermline team so high in the league over a Raith team that performed very well last year.  You could be right, I'm just not seeing what Dunfermline have that is propelling them close to the top 4 in a lot of predictions.

Archived