Central District 1st Div ... 2016/17

tambothejambo

On 6 September 2016 at 13:00, Brig O'Lea said:

I suppose a league can be tight because everyone is beating each other as opposed to drawing, which is very much the case after the first two weeks, 10 teams in joint 2nd place!!

Now 21 games in the league with no draws - must be some sort of record ?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cambuslang have let defender David Dunn leave after he failed to nail down a regular starting slot. He has joined Forth. All the best Dunny from all at Cambuslang

And guess who his 1st game is against, us!

• 2 weeks later...
The Forth lads have gone very quiet.  What is the story this season after unquestionably being the best team in our division last season?

We are rank at the moment core of our team missing for various reasons.

Conceded 5 goals in 10 minutes today unbelievable.

Players out or not losing eight goals at home is embarrassing.

Jamie has a job on his hands to turn it around.

We seriously lack a goal threat and having so many key players out is worrying but we've got some good players so hopefully turn it around remember at this time last season lanark were flying high and looked certs for promotion and look how that turned out there bottle crashed there's enough games left for us to salvage something it's early days

1 hour ago, Big Wull said:

We seriously lack a goal threat and having so many key players out is worrying but we've got some good players so hopefully turn it around remember at this time last season lanark were flying high and looked certs for promotion and look how that turned out there bottle crashed there's enough games left for us to salvage something it's early days

Lanark's bottle did not crash - it was all about ability, or lack thereof!

We are rank at the moment core of our team missing for various reasons.

Conceded 5 goals in 10 minutes today unbelievable.

Players out or not losing eight goals at home is embarrassing.

Jamie has a job on his hands to turn it around.

Any truth in story that Forth gaffer Jamie McKenzie offered to resign after Saturday's hammering from the Cambuslang and that committee refused his offer ??

The writing is all over the wall and the football is terrible to watch, the team look flat and going through the motions.

There isn't anything in the background to give us hope ie wait til 3 or 4 injured players are fit.

We look rudderless and the only course we seem to be navigating is straight back down to the basement league

it's not easy to stand at the side of the park and watch your team fall apart in front of you.

But that seems to be what's happening at Forth just now

We go each week thinking that - this week we will see them gel together and start to play like a team - but it just isn't happening and I can't see the players that we have just now being able to do that anyway as there is no shape to the team.

I whole heartedly agree with FWFC69 in that we are a rudderless ship and we seem to be getting worse each week instead of better !!!

Jamie must address this situation quickly as if we carry on playing like this we will be down before Halloween .

What's been good in the past year is some new faces coming to the games to support the team but sadly if that's the standard on the park with toothless performances those fans won't be back in a hurry

Rock bottom of the 1st league division is unacceptable at the moment [emoji52][emoji52][emoji52]

Always amazes me how short the memories of some football fans can be! Jamie and the majority of this team won the club it's 1st title in 30 years, last season. We're currently without our 3 most creative players, thru no fault of the managers, which is clearly having a negative effect on the team. There's still 21 games to go and the manager is working to turn things around, I for 1 am hopeful that he can.
Easiest thing in the world to support ur team when they're winning, a lot harder when they're not!

16 minutes ago, bigseb1964 said:

it's not easy to stand at the side of the park and watch your team fall apart in front of you.

But that seems to be what's happening at Forth just now

We go each week thinking that - this week we will see them gel together and start to play like a team - but it just isn't happening and I can't see the players that we have just now being able to do that anyway as there is no shape to the team.

I whole heartedly agree with FWFC69 in that we are a rudderless ship and we seem to be getting worse each week instead of better !!!

I was at the game on Saturday & thought that Forth played quite well in the first half. 

Second half Cambuslang were superb & 8-2 didn't flatter us in my opinion. Great performances all over the park & could've scored a few more. 

Results are dreadful for Forth
performances are dreadful. We haven't put in a decent performance in the league.

No-one can see even a glimmer of hope that things will change. We look a shambles. Players being played out of position

The manager is obviously desperate and out of ideas how to change things and therefore offered to resign .

My son plays for Forth and I'm very grateful to the management team and the committee for giving him an opportunity last season. I can honestly say that last season was the most enjoyable I have had in 35 years watching football. As an outsider looking in I have been struck about how passionate everyone involved with the club is - committee, management team, fans and players. This season has been tough so far - playing at a higher level combined with the loss of key players  has contributed to the bad start. Judging by some of the posts above the fans are still as passionate about the club and are understandably not happy about recent results.  I'm pretty sure the committee, management team and players feel the same way and are trying their best to rectify the situation. After the 7-1 defeat to Dundee Violet last season no one could have foreseen the fighting spirit and fire in their belly the players displayed culminating in the magical memories of the first title in 30 years. They need to display the same qualities again with the more modest target of not being relegated. If everyone pulls together I'm sure they can do it - only Cambuslang have totally overran us thus far. Mon the Forth !

Take arguably the 3 best players out of any team and they will struggle never mind a team trying to find its feet in a higher division remember we haven't played in this league for twenty odd years

I'm not being defeatist as I'm still optimistic we will turn it round

But will support the lads like the rest of our loyal group of fans

Jamie has been our most successful manager for some time and I for one have every confidence in him

Gonna Wanarurs

Always amazes me how short the memories of some football fans can be! Jamie and the majority of this team won the club it's 1st title in 30 years, last season. We're currently without our 3 most creative players, thru no fault of the managers, which is clearly having a negative effect on the team. There's still 21 games to go and the manager is working to turn things around, I for 1 am hopeful that he can.
Easiest thing in the world to support ur team when they're winning, a lot harder when they're not!

Totally agree. No need for knee jerk reaction. It's faith in Jamie and his staff that won the league last year. Yes, it's painful but we have to stand by the guys that got us into this league. The goal at the moment must be to stay up and that is still very much achievable. We are a confidence team and could just as easy go on a run. I for one continue to back Jamie McKenzie as manager as I'm sure most of my fellow supporters do. Mon the Forth.

Archived