Central District 1st Div ... 2016/17

tambothejambo

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Think neilston will be a surprise package this year and also surprised at Thorniewood result

However we do this season, it's a very much changed team from last year.  On Saturday against Forth 10 of the 16 man squad weren't with us last season.

3 hours ago, Gonna Wanarurs said:

No doubting Neilston will be up there but Forth played for most of the game with 10 men and half an hour or so with 9, so will be interesting to see if they can back up there great start emoji106.png

Aye we've been slow out the blocks and a bit all over the place early doors against Benburb, the Ants and Forth but managed to show the character to win all three.  Last year I think we'd have lost two of them at least.  Another hard season ahead for us all in this league! 

First time watching Neilston looked a decent side.

Don't think there will be any easy games this year.

Also Looks like junior refs will be giving pens for grappling at corners just like there counterparts in the English Premier Leagues have started.

If that's the case there could be 3 or 4 pens a game in a junior match.

Really looking forward to the season, well done Neilston and the very best of luck for the league campaign ahead.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 13:34, spud4 said:

Haha cheers Larky!

Ave watched spud for 20 years..if he faces left the ball gets whacked over the fence same if he faces right i have yet to see him complete a pass

13 minutes ago, cotter said:

Ave watched spud for 20 years..if he faces left the ball gets whacked over the fence same if he faces right i have yet to see him complete a pass

Haha bet u spat ure tea out reading that spud....   ..big man been excellent for wishaw

Haha bet u spat ure tea out reading that spud....   ..big man been excellent for wishaw

Brilliant cotter had a right good wee chuckle and as Ralph says I don't think you are too far wrong haha was once told that you can't score from a car park that has always stuck with me hahaha

3 hours ago, redstarbenhar said:

Agreed - but no draws in first 14 games is a weird stat for a tight league.

I suppose a league can be tight because everyone is beating each other as opposed to drawing, which is very much the case after the first two weeks, 10 teams in joint 2nd place!!

Archived