Central District 1st Div ... 2016/17

tambothejambo

Well Camby back to winning ways with a 3-0 win over Benburb at the weekend.

Game done and dusted before the break as Lang went in with goals from Hastings 16mins, Gormley 22mins and Simeon 5 mins before the break. We looked more like the Camby of a couple months ago. Boys worked hard and got the rewards on the heavy Somervell Pitch. The 3 points keeps us in front of the chasing pack.

Gonna be a close run thing.

C'mon The Lang

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, stevie the bookie said:

I hear big John gemmil in for signing talks with camby as well. Think if they pull that off then the league is 100% in the bag. He will run riot in that league.

If that's true then it's clear that Cambuslang are thinking longer term in terms of their ambitions. They won't acknowledge it, but they're as good as up to the Super League Division One already, and they are clearly trying to build a squad that can challenge for promotion again next season. They probably see the prospect of league reconstruction and the possibility of no relegation and four promotion places being a big incentive for them, and why not ?

Mind you, that's some amount of strikers they'll have if they add Gemmell to Gormley, Kilmartin, Savarese, Davidson and Hastings, with MacLeod and Simeon also available to play up front as well. You can see why they score so many goals. The Cambuslang fans must be enjoying it at the moment.

If that's true then it's clear that Cambuslang are thinking longer term in terms of their ambitions. They won't acknowledge it, but they're as good as up to the Super League Division One already, and they are clearly trying to build a squad that can challenge for promotion again next season. They probably see the prospect of league reconstruction and the possibility of no relegation and four promotion places being a big incentive for them, and why not ?
Mind you, that's some amount of strikers they'll have if they add Gemmell to Gormley, Kilmartin, Savarese, Davidson and Hastings, with MacLeod and Simeon also available to play up front as well. You can see why they score so many goals. The Cambuslang fans must be enjoying it at the moment.

Davidson and MacLeod unabailable

There will be points dropped between now and end of season by the top 3,agree that it is a massive game but wouldn't say it is crucial as I have said before everyone expects Cambuslang to go up so imo the 2 games against the candy could be crucial to see who goes up with them hopefully it's a cracker tomorrow and it should be on

Any report on Camby vs Larkhall?? What are Larkhall like? Result is a big one as for the first time in a while the title is not in Camby's own hands. I thought they were certs to go up, free scoring and overpowering all before them (except the Candy of
Course[emoji23]) but we carried some luck at theirs. The Candy Larkhall game in a fortnight will be a cracker.....

Yesterday's game was a hard fought one which everyone expected in the first 2mins Camby could've went one up Larkhall went 1 up then shortly after Camby equalised H/T 1-1
2ND half it was end to end with Camby hitting the post what changed the game was the sending off 2 yellows and Larkhall got a penalty imo it was never a penalty but you take it when luck comes your way overall it was a good game now we take 1 game at a time staring with VOC next Saturday at Larkhall

I was just saying to some folk yesterday that it makes a difference to be on the right side of some dodgy refereeing. If there is going to be luck and controversy in a game it might as well fall with you rather than your opponents. VOC are a decent hardworking team with a couple of decent young players mixed with experience. They beat us a few weeks ago. Most teams in this league have the ability to take points so, for my sake, I hope they do you too!! [emoji460][emoji106]

As it stands (if/had) Larkhall Thistle had won/win the games in hand they'd be top of the league.

Of course Cambuslang Rangers already have the points in the bag.

And St Roch's are sitting second like a bad penny.

Archived