Central District 1st Div ... 2016/17

tambothejambo

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The roch put in one of best 1st half displays ive seen on sat was great to watch

I agree, but second half slackness almost cost us dear.
I personally believe the team has yet to click tbh. Showing signs vs Greenock an Neilston of their ability, but Bens and 2nd half vs Neilston, a frailty too.
I hope we keep up with the pace of Cambuslang and then we can have put up our usual strong finish to the season.

But, league wise, been very impressed with the football that has been played by most.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On the SJFA west updated league tables it has the below

Vale of Clyde deducted 1 point as they Played Player under false name

Am I missing something or is the most lenient punishment ever dished out !!!!!!!

Shouldve been at least 10 points. Poor show from voc thinking they could play a player under a different name

I may be wrong, but I think the powers-that-be maybe only have the power to deduct points that have been accrued while the offence was taking place. Kilwinning were docked something like 15 points a few years ago which relegated them, but it seems that Vale only broke the rules in this one game which ended in a draw, hence the one point deduction ?

May well be the case but for a team to be deducted a solitary point for bringing the game in to disrepute is ridiculous
Looks like the club knew exactly what they were doing and not an admin error

Jesus wept if that's all they are gonna get [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

17 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Disgusting. Cheating fat rat gaffer should be out the door if the committee had any self respect for their club, obviously they knew the script. Joke of a club hope they get relegated

Not excusing the fact but did they play the boy as they were struggling for a team or just to field a better player?

1 hour ago, Beckanbaur said:

Don't know and the answer is irrelevant regardless. Cheating is cheating.

Sure is mate but I was trying to see the lengths they would go to. Pure desperation or greed. Went on maybe 10 yrs ago unnoticed in the jnrs still going on in the ammies the now with false names and suspended players.

4 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

Desperation is one thing but there must have been many 'legal' options available rather than play someone under a false name though surely?

Probably was mate but when managers turn up on a Saturday with a few call offs and guys not trapping at this level sometimes desperation creeps in. Not condoning it but definetly understand it being around the junior game long enough to know it went on and maybe still does ??

Archived