St Mirren v Morton SPFL Championship 6/8/16

There've been plenty of decent players who've been transferred around our league this summer. Clearly none of them got the memo about the extent to which Morton put us in our place last season with their "glorious" (copyright, d(.Y.)b ) run to fifth place.

It seems strange that the likes of Clarkson, Sutton, Walsh, Hutton, Shankland, etc, have opted for Saints over our "superior" (copyright, Vikington) neighbours.

It is mental, frankly, that a club like Morton, whose "rightful place" is in the top flight (copyright, Vikington) isn't beating away incredible, ambitious players with a shitty stick.

The world's gone mad.

You lot appear to have ambition. We don't.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Cowshed118 said:

Feeling a little bit better about the one after the weekends results, still hoping we bring in a few new faces before the game though

On the contrary, I feel slightly worse about it!

The one positive I'm taking is that Rae was furious about the Hamilton performance, so hopefully he'll sort them out, and hopefully it's one we've got out our system. I was (naively?) excited about the idea of trying to play 4-4-2, but it's clearly a doddle for any team playing with three in the middle to completely over-run us.

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't really think our shitness has anything to do with the diddyness of the two teams involved.

Perhaps but Morton have just done to Kilmarnock (you still don't have a song with your team's name in it yet, do you?) what they haven't done to St. Mirren for 51 years. That's how much "shitness" they have. 

Meh. Diddy and proud. Dindeleux's just lashing out cos he'll be getting his own diddy derby back next season. Killie are long overdue a relegation and getting gubbed by Morton is a clear indicator that Kilmarnock really aren't at the level they need to be to avoid the drop.

There've been plenty of decent players who've been transferred around our league this summer. Clearly none of them got the memo about the extent to which Morton put us in our place last season with their "glorious" (copyright, d(.Y.)b ) run to fifth place.

It seems strange that the likes of Clarkson, Sutton, Walsh, Hutton, Shankland, etc, have opted for Saints over our "superior" (copyright, Vikington) neighbours.

It is mental, frankly, that a club like Morton, whose "rightful place" is in the top flight (copyright, Vikington) isn't beating away incredible, ambitious players with a shitty stick.

The world's gone mad.

Shame that your squad can't play together as a functioning team though: hence your utter shoeing by a crap Hamilton side. Whereas Morton's ability to defend and (surprisingly) attack as a team has seen us turn over Kilmarnock and stroll through the group without yet conceding a single goal.

Unlucky.

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Unlucky.

Not really - luck is totally immaterial in this context.

It'll have more to do with ambition, motivation, tactics, talent (or a lack of those), and a case of needing time to gel. If Morton believe in, and rely on, luck to the same extent as you do, that might help to explain why they've been so utterly gash for a generation. I bet you believe in horoscopes, too.

The results at the weekend show you just can't take anything for granted.

All the Accies and Morton fans were on a real downer pre match and whilst we haven't been playing great we've been scraping results.

I think we could be doing with big MacKenzie getting fit for this one. Our defence is a bit erratic.

With our fan takeover complete, the signings on paper looking good and hopefully with a bit of nice weather and a Saturday 3pm kick off we should get a decent crowd in. After all our positivity this summer it would be typical if this is the game Morton turn us over.

Not really - luck is totally immaterial in this context.

It'll have more to do with ambition, motivation, tactics, talent (or a lack of those), and a case of needing time to gel. If Morton believe in, and rely on, luck to the same extent as you do, that might help to explain why they've been so utterly gash for a generation. I bet you believe in horoscopes, too.

^^^ verge of tears

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

And again... your limited reading level is really holding you back here. I bet you blame that on 'luck' as well.

You're just waiting on a VT "thanks for playing" for a full house.

If that's indeed all she wrote in terms of signings between now and Morton (and indeed this transfer window), and assuming we have a full compliment (Quinn will probably be on the cusp of returning by then) I reckon a line up of:

---------------------------Langfield-----------------------

---Naismith-----Mackenzie-----Webster-----Irvine---

-----------------------------Hutton-------------------------

-----Walsh----------------Mallan---------------Morgan---

-------------Hardie-------------------Shankland----------

Archived