St Mirren v Morton SPFL Championship 6/8/16

3 minutes ago, USTon said:

Maybe it is just in the interests of creating a bit of atmosphere for some fans but from the club's point of view, there is every chance that we pick up a fine.  Also, the number of police needed at matches (which is determined by the police, not the club) goes up when you establish a reputation for trouble which includes setting off flares, smoke bombs, etc.  You are talking a cost of potentially thousands of pounds over a season which has to come from somewhere.  If the club gets hit by a fine and  extra police/stewarding costs over a season, you could be talking a cost equivalent to one less player!

You guys might think its a bit of harmless fun.  I seem it as a seriously annoying, reckless, stupid and a needless drain on the club's resources.  And so should any right minded fan.  

As for the 13 year old he was released back to his father's custody at the end of the match (his dad was standing elsewhere) but was charged.

All well and good, Nick, and if you read my comments on our forum, the club had to make a statement in order to let the authorities see they're acting.

But in the same breath, the failure to challenge Rangers over the bottle throwing at Ibrox inspires no confidence amongst our support. Whilst you don't want to be incurring any policing costs, you don't want to see fans chucking it and less money coming in as a result because they feel the club won't demand decisive action from the police and Rangers when we were wronged.

I'm afraid Morton's inactivity in December has created a divide between the club and the support here. You can't just put demands on us when we've got absolutely no confidence in yourselves, because you want to keep a good loan player/are scared of big bad Rangers/can't be bothered*.

*Delete as appropriate.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived