Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlo was subbed mid second half.   2 new faces in the squad, Mikey ?, mature experienced defender playing inner right back / centreback next to Swift ( Isaac Kerr not in squad, presume injured still).  Plus a young fast forward called Lewis ( Morrison ?) started and did well until subbed.  Both sides had spells of dominance but probably more attacking from Hurlford but failing to score until well after 90 mins.   I usually sympathise with refs as its is often a thankless task but this guy was blind to divers and flying elbows.  The lino on the Buffs fan side declared proudly, " I never make mistakes! ",when challenged by management team and supporters after making several blatant errors and managing to see a ball as out of play which didn't get nearer to the sideline than a clear 6 inches.   Man of the match had to be Adam Strain as he saved 2 well taken penalties, in fact nobody pussy footed their penalties, all well placed and with power.  The ref took Chris Strain to task for leaving the technical area, supposedly 1 metre either side of the dug out, but refused to acknowledge the obvious absurdity of Hurlford having two separate dugouts with a space between.

Mikey Morris

Taking it for granted,that ex-german exile has 'inside information',Andy! [emoji6]

Buffs committee man told the Hurlford secretary we were playing at Abbey Park on the 8th. I watched the penalties beside a few Buffs committee men and the said see you in a fortnight, so that's my source. Unfortunately I'll miss the match due to holidays. I'd settle for a draw now as I think buffs could over run us on the bigger pitch but one lives in hope.

Another massive game at Abbey Park,this weekend,against Hurlford! We seem to be fully focused on our endeavour to beat the drop,after the great result at Pollok,last Saturday! I sadly missed that game,due to work commitments (ragin'!),but will be back cheerin' the lads to victory,hopefully,on Saturday!.....Can't wait! As posted previously,every league match is like a cup tie,from now on,with every one a 'must win'! Exciting?....maybe. Good for the nerves?.....NO! But still....it's "the nature of the beast",& that's why we each support our teams,through thick & thin!.......C'MON THE BUFFS!!! 

32 minutes ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Another massive game at Abbey Park,this weekend,against Hurlford! We seem to be fully focused on our endeavour to beat the drop,after the great result at Pollok,last Saturday! I sadly missed that game,due to work commitments (ragin'!),but will be back cheerin' the lads to victory,hopefully,on Saturday!.....Can't wait! As posted previously,every league match is like a cup tie,from now on,with every one a 'must win'! Exciting?....maybe. Good for the nerves?.....NO! But still....it's "the nature of the beast",& that's why we each support our teams,through thick & thin!.......C'MON THE BUFFS!!! 

Was bad for the nerves latter stages on Saturday, we sat far too deep inviting Pollok to have a go and it nearly cost us. Yet, for an hour we were dominant, well on top and could easily have scored a 4th.

Hurlford next, another tough one, but show the same application and ability that we have over the last few weeks and there's no doubting we can take something from the game.

Onwards and upwards, COYB.

7 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Was bad for the nerves latter stages on Saturday, we sat far too deep inviting Pollok to have a go and it nearly cost us. Yet, for an hour we were dominant, well on top and could easily have scored a 4th.

Hurlford next, another tough one, but show the same application and ability that we have over the last few weeks and there's no doubting we can take something from the game.

Onwards and upwards, COYB.

Aye.....n' we're no longer bottom of the league,funky monkey! Keep on climbin',Buffs!! :thumsup2

On 03/04/2017 at 21:43, Marlowe said:

heard that Barry Fleeting is no longer with the club, is this true? ... and if so, which club has he moved to?

Barry's off to The Dirrans in amateur league.
More crucially, hearing that Swift is away to BSC Glasgow. Bad timing with the run in we have.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Buffs be at full strength tomorrow or league more important and fringe players get a game ?

A 6:30pm kick-off on a Wednesday evening makes it almost impossible to be sure that even a full squad can get there in time.   Guys who work in and around Glasgow would have to leave by 4pm. to arrive in time for the warm up.    

Archived