Kilwinning Rangers 16/17

Scotlad

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, aftonarmypieman said:

There was a police presence at Buffs park last Saturday against Arthurlie and he had to speak to a group of 10 or so young guys from Arthurlie who had gathered behind Adam Strain's goal and were giving him verbal abuse.   The policeman removed alcoholic drink from them and poured it into the waste bin.   At half-time they went down the park to stand behind Adam Strain once again despite being sternly spoken to by an elderly supporter from Arthurlie who said he would also notify Arthurlie's committee as he was embarrassed by their antics.  He thought they were all players from a Barrhead youth team who had travelled in a group to the match as he recognised several of them ... otherwise there was no trouble at the match that I heard of. 

Entry price increased for certain Games if police presence is necessary

I can't see the original post about the police presence. But want to clarify a few points.

The 'abuse' were attempts to noise up Adam Strain and started when he was taking his time over goalkicks from right after the buffs scored. They didn't move down to abuse Adam in the 2nd half they moved down to the other end as Arthurlie were shooting that way.

Did Buffs call the police or did they come is while passing (which is what happens regularly at our ground)

If it was such a big deal then why did nobody from the Buffs speak to the Arthurlie committee to go and speak to them? Mountain out of a molehill being made here. We have only required a police presence at 3 games in the last 10 years and it was the SJFA each time that recommended that we speak to the police.

Hi, looking for a wee bit of advice. My sons team are playing at Kilwinning Sports Club on Saturday in a Scottish Cup tie. My wife & younger son will have over an hour to kill before KO and wondered if there is anywhere nearby (walking distance) that we could get a bar lunch? Thanks in advance.

Archived