Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

Brilliant  Bonnyrigg and a big price 12/1 double with East Kilbride landed.

Losing at that swamp Carnoustie last week helped the odds. :thumsup2

Said that after the game last week we rarely have 2 bad games under Robbie he always gets a reaction from his players after a negative result!
Start to finish everyone of the players were outstanding!

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree great team performance inspired substitution 30 seconds on the park put fear of death in opposition and penalty which was despatched in the way a penalty should be taken, and the winning goal was just brilliant. We have to repeat that performance again next Saturday in the Junior Cup. Well done the Rose

Have to say that was a great result on Saturday. Saw the reply against Turriff and I thought that was easy street, but thought Cove would be that much tougher.

Now your in to the next round, hope it's another home tie against one of the weaker teams, so that hopefully when you reach the fourth round, that you draw one of the 'bigger' teams, and have a double  - winning against the odds, and getting a good pay day as a result! Keep it going!

Hi guys, looking forward to our wee trip across to you guys in a few weeks - in fact it's the most I've looked forward to a Cup game since we played Aberdeen in the QFs a few years back!

Just wondering what sort of attendance you're expecting? How does this rank in terms of 'big' games that you've played in recent years? We have been utterly woeful away from home so far this year and, in fact, are without a win outside of G82 since December 5th 2015 - combine that with your very impressive form and I'd be lying if I said I didn't fear an upset.

For Scottish Cup ties we sometimes get a slightly better away support and I'd imagine that the interest of seeing us play at a new ground, and less extortionate entry prices than in the Championship might convince a decent number to travel.

Hopefully it's a good game, and hopefully we finally win an away game!

Hi guys, looking forward to our wee trip across to you guys in a few weeks - in fact it's the most I've looked forward to a Cup game since we played Aberdeen in the QFs a few years back!

Just wondering what sort of attendance you're expecting? How does this rank in terms of 'big' games that you've played in recent years? We have been utterly woeful away from home so far this year and, in fact, are without a win outside of G82 since December 5th 2015 - combine that with your very impressive form and I'd be lying if I said I didn't fear an upset.

For Scottish Cup ties we sometimes get a slightly better away support and I'd imagine that the interest of seeing us play at a new ground, and less extortionate entry prices than in the Championship might convince a decent number to travel.

Hopefully it's a good game, and hopefully we finally win an away game!

Usual home crowd is around 300 and has been closer to 700 for Scottish cup games this year with very few away fans.

I've only been watching them the last 18 months or so but would imagine that this is one of the biggest recent games in the clubs history aside from the Junior Cup semi against Talbot which had 1500. think the home crowd against Brechin City a few years back was just over 1000.

2 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Usual home crowd is around 300 and has been closer to 700 for Scottish cup games this year with very few away fans.

I've only been watching them the last 18 months or so but would imagine that this is one of the biggest recent games in the clubs history aside from the Junior Cup semi against Talbot which had 1500. think the home crowd against Brechin City a few years back was just over 1000.

Sounds like we might be on for about 1000 for this as well. I really have no idea how many we'll bring; it could defend on any number of factors weather, train times, entry prices, our form, the way Aitken is treating the competition, but I'd like to think it'd be more than 150. Hopefully plenty of the locals turn up and there should be a right good atmosphere.

35 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Dumbarton will definitely know that they are in a game at bonnyrigg. Should be a good game. Hope bonnyrigg win though.

That's Lochee United firmly burnt their bridges with Scotland's original champions ;)

2 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Talbot semi attracted 2413, brechin at home 1082, I think we attract a lot more when hibs n hearts aren't playing at the same time

Talbot semi attracted 2413, brechin at home 1082, I think we attract a lot more when hibs n hearts aren't playing at the same time

Hearts are at home to Motherwell on the 26th which isn't ideal. Hopefully with the size of the game some fans choose wisely though.. [emoji257][emoji257]

On 28/10/2016 at 14:42, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Sounds like we might be on for about 1000 for this as well. I really have no idea how many we'll bring; it could defend on any number of factors weather, train times, entry prices, our form, the way Aitken is treating the competition, but I'd like to think it'd be more than 150. Hopefully plenty of the locals turn up and there should be a right good atmosphere.

That's Lochee United firmly burnt their bridges with Scotland's original champions ;)

I will be quite surprised if its not a 4 figure crowd for this one.

In terms of the game standing Dumbarton are a higher ranked team than Brechin (who we played a few season back) so its bigger game than that, not the biggest game in our history however having won the junior version of the scottish cup twice but it ranks very highly in recent memory.

I am sure you guys will be made feel most welcome.

18 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am being a bit pedantic here. It's great having video highlights and interviews after the game but a request for the interviewer.

Can you please reduce or preferably eliminate use of that horrible word "obviously"

Heard it as well,lol,stop being an old fart.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived