South Challenge Cup 2016-17

HibeeJibee

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

All aboot opinions Rab I wouldn't say rusty only one ww player looked like scoring today, once went goal doon it was game over. 

Every week there's players I've never seen before coming in. Canny help injuries or suspensions but other teams seem to cope. 

Well Ciaren Chalmers, Steven Manson. Willie Kidd, Daryl Healy and Michael Osborne all hit the target with good efforts? That was only our 5th game of 2017 and thought it showed. 

We had Bob who came on for a debut but other than that there was no one else new yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Well Ciaren Chalmers, Steven Manson. Willie Kidd, Daryl Healy and Michael Osborne all hit the target with good efforts? That was only our 5th game of 2017 and thought it showed. 

We had Bob who came on for a debut but other than that there was no one else new yesterday. 

Bob who though Rab that was my point. 

We went from a young lad (obviously burnt oot from too many games)  to a clearly unfit substitute aboot twice his age. 

Pushing Dale forward wasnt the answer. 

Nae disrespect to the sub it's a team game but surely there are decent young amateurs or 20 s players (not necessary ww players or development loanees ) oot there who are hungry and desperate to prove themselves. 

Was anyone at Threave v EK?

I take it EK would've rested players and played a second string side with playing against a lower class side?

5-1 seems respectable, I thought it may have been more. Especially with Threave losing a man after 35 minutes.

Paul woods scored two. It was his debut. Just signed from queens park. I would imagine he will be playing most weeks. Russel mcclean scored two. Scored most of his goals coming off the bench. There were a few missing but still a strong team.

Our site has this on Friday the 7th at 7.30 

As you say its at the community stadium. Not sure the reason for the Friday night,maybe there is a hire already on the ground

I quite enjoyed our last Friday night fixture so looking forward to this

47 minutes ago, holme said:

Our site has this on Friday the 7th at 7.30 

As you say its at the community stadium. Not sure the reason for the Friday night,maybe there is a hire already on the ground

I quite enjoyed our last Friday night fixture so looking forward to this

Hmmm the biggest trophy in (senior) non league fitba. 

I used to moan before at it being regionalised now it's bad enough  enough even  wi Sunday finals but Fri night semis  :P:D

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Hmmm the biggest trophy in (senior) non league fitba. 

I used to moan before at it being regionalised now it's bad enough  enough even  wi Sunday finals but Fri night semis  :P:D

Is the biggest non league senior cup not the Highland League Cup:thumsup2

Don't think a league cup can be bigger than an inter-league cup at the same level embracing over twice as many teams from three different leagues (plus Glasgow Uni), tbh.

HLC has a sponsor, admittedly; on the other hand SCC final brings the curtain down on the season and is often played at a big stadium.

Archived