Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour

forameus

I'm about 50 minutes in. I was given an axe so from that point on I won't be thinking of Outlast. The point of that game was to run or you died. As I've already bashed someone's head in it's certainly not Outlast. As you say, they've not played the game if that's what they think.

I had heard there were 2 endings. Do you have to start from the beginning to get the other ending?

Yeah, i feel like it's inspired by outlast and they obviously hope to get some of that crowd but it's very resi1 IMO, there's a SAW vibe to it as well which you'll know you get to it. You save the game at save stations so I'd say just make new saves every time and then you can reload to get the different ending. I'm not 100% sure but I think the ending depends on a certain decision you make and that affects whether it's good or bad. I'm honestly not sure how the game will pan out with the other choice because the one I made was really important in continuing the story.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i feel like it's inspired by outlast and they obviously hope to get some of that crowd but it's very resi1 IMO, there's a SAW vibe to it as well which you'll know you get to it. You save the game at save stations so I'd say just make new saves every time and then you can reload to get the different ending. I'm not 100% sure but I think the ending depends on a certain decision you make and that affects whether it's good or bad. I'm honestly not sure how the game will pan out with the other choice because the one I made was really important in continuing the story.

Ah right I see. Did you play it VR?

Ah right I see. Did you play it VR?

Unfortunately not, I'd love to get one but really it would only be for this, the games so far are totally meh and no doubt there will be a better version of the headset next year. Hopefully resi shows the potential of what is capable from VR games

• 2 weeks later...

My wife got me this for Valentine's Day.

I'm only at the part in the attic (no spoilers!) but if this game remains consistent with the tension it has thrown out so far it's going to be up there with my favourite games.

The first person enhances the game rather than work to the detriment of it.

Btw, bugger playing this on VR! I'm a jumpy shambles in a fully lit living room, never mind being completely immersed.

My wife got me this for Valentine's Day.
I'm only at the part in the attic (no spoilers!) but if this game remains consistent with the tension it has thrown out so far it's going to be up there with my favourite games.
The first person enhances the game rather than work to the detriment of it.
Btw, bugger playing this on VR! I'm a jumpy shambles in a fully lit living room, never mind being completely immersed.

Welcome to the family son!

I'm only 90 min. in on VR and the sweat I'm producing is unreal. Your first scare will be along shortly ;)

Just got past the videotape from Mia. I'm only an hour and 45 minutes in due to me playing for 20 minutes, shitting myself, turning the PS4 off and repeat. I really want to go on, but I just keep on finding myself running back to the save point as soon as I even pick up anything :lol:

An hour and 45 mins in and you're only just at the tape? Are you taking a step a minute? :lol: I'm 90 mins in and am at the bit with the statue and the shotgun. Have you got there yet, no?

I'm quite slow at it as I get to a corner and with the VR I poke my head around rather than walk around :lol:

An hour and 45 mins in and you're only just at the tape? Are you taking a step a minute? :lol: I'm 90 mins in and am at the bit with the statue and the shotgun. Have you got there yet, no?

I'm quite slow at it as I get to a corner and with the VR I poke my head around rather than walk around :lol:

There's a tape where you play as Mia for a bit. You're being chased by the shit-scary woman. I've seen the statue and shotgun, yeah.

• 9 months later...

BUMP.
So, after me seemingly having this for 9 months, I’ve just completed it tonight :lol:
I thought it was very, very good with some flaws. The story and atmosphere were excellent, as were some of the boss fights. I felt that it wasn’t as gripping when you were just dealing with generic faceless (literally) monsters, though, and the game got considerably worse when you get out of the house. However, these are essentially just a vehicle to progress the story, and I was still left shitting myself.
Are the older RE games like this at all? Will I like them given I liked this and Alien: Isolation?

Archived