Fantasy Auction League(s) 2016

Paul Marnie

Thanks gc, was convinced my decision to start Newton ahead of Cousins had killed my chances and when I went to bed last night the Ravens were handling the Steelers.

Pleasant surprise when I checked scores this morning 8)

Its been good, see you all next season! 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Doonhamer61 & Spain who won the A & B League Championships respectively.

Commiserations to GCrumps & SuperCaley, who both narrowly lost out.

And a patronising clap for the rest of you for taking part :lol:

I'll keep this thread open to discuss what kind of changes should be made for next season, open to all suggestions.

Won the championship in both leagues and won the Standing Bowl all in one week of fixtures. Pretty chuffed with that. Fancied my chances least in this one though, honestly felt SuperCaley was the strongest throughout.

12 hours ago, Paul Marnie said:

Congratulations to Doonhamer61 & Spain who won the A & B League Championships respectively.

Commiserations to GCrumps & SuperCaley, who both narrowly lost out.

And a patronising clap for the rest of you for taking part :lol:

I'll keep this thread open to discuss what kind of changes should be made for next season, open to all suggestions.

Loved the auction format this year despite not making the playoffs. I enjoyed having some depth on the waiver wire also, at least when compared to the IDP or premier league.

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

Loved the auction format this year despite not making the playoffs. I enjoyed having some depth on the waiver wire also, at least when compared to the IDP or premier league.

Absolutely agree. Lots of fun for sure! Nice change to play in a shallower league, and the auction draft was such a good laugh, definitely added something

• 5 months later...
What's the story with this league this year? Going ahead again? Who will be my victims this time? :whistle

Yeh can do, had 20 bodies last year over the 2 leagues, happy to run them again.

Think these kind of leagues work better in smaller numbers so would prefer to keep them as 10-12 in size.

Open to comments/suggestions/ideas etc

Appears FleaFlicker still don't support auction drafts, so the drafting process will be the same as last year.

Drafts will take place via the ESPN Fantasy Football platform, with rosters then being imported into FleaFlicker, and the league being played out on that site.

I'll set up a new thread for the 2017 leagues later on and get the ball rolling from there.

Pretty okay with that. The ESPN version was nice with the integrated chat function last year, some good banter on it that you don't really get in the flea ones

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 17:13, Silvio said:

Up for this again. Couldn't believe the bargains last year. I'm splurging this time.

Anyone up for a 2 QB league?  

Pfff 2 QB is tough. I've accidentally signed up for 2 this year (superflex but same difference), thankfully best ball, but I'm still regretting it a bit

Archived