Fantasy Auction League(s) 2016

Paul Marnie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the risk of clashing with Stewbo's draft, are we leaving this at least a couple of weeks? I'm not here for the next two weekends.

Hopefully so, as i'm unlikely to be back ashore until after the 17th, I can only dread the havoc auto draft would do in an auction format.

19 hours ago, Jambo Stu said:

Quick reminder how this works please...

18 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

You get a standard order of the draft but instead of picking a player, you nominate a player for auction. Every team can then bid on that player and the highest bidder wins that player. You get a set amount of dollars you can spend on your whole team.

After that auction ends, the next person in line nominates a player and this keeps going until all rosters are filled.

This format lends itself to different strategies and doesn't rely so much on draft position. You can go studs and duds, balanced or something completely different.

37453.jpg

Just like that.

16 hours ago, Spain said:

At the risk of clashing with Stewbo's draft, are we leaving this at least a couple of weeks? I'm not here for the next two weekends.

Yeh, as it's a re-draft league, I'd rather do this as close to the start of the NFL season as possible, nothing worse than drafting a guy for him to get injured in game 3 or 4 of preseason.

25 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Think I'm in. Not sure I've done it right... couldn't get it to work a few weeks ago then forgot all about it till today.

I've re-sent your invite; you're still showing as "invited" and not "joined" on the league manger page.

4 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Ta. Sorted, I think.

Yeh that's you sorted now.

B League is good to go on both ESPN & FF. Will wait on the A League getting sorted and start arranging drafts.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Paul Marnie said:

Waiting on 1 more...regardless;

Proposed date(s) for draft - September 5th or 6th, starting sometime between 7 and 10 pm.

How do these dates suit?

Cool. I think it'll need to be around 7/8pm start just for how long it takes. Dont need folks getting crabbit because it runs past their bed time

Archived