Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Liverpool asked to be away for extra time to build their ground up.

Cheers. That's bordering on sensible

15 hours ago, Bully Di Villa said:

I think Liverpool asked to be away for extra time to build their ground up.

That's the reason why. 

Off to Tranmere tonight for Liverpool's first friendly. Klopp seems to like to play lots of pre-season friendlies so will be the first team squad minus those away at International tournaments. 

22 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was trying to figure-out why WBA v Liverpool has already moved to a Sunday in April when it's not for TV but is it since Liverpool won't play on the date anniversary of Hillsborough?

Liverpool asked WBA if they could switch it and they agreed. 

I'm surprised Burnley agreed to doing Liverpool a favour there with the swapping fixtures. Firstly for the way Liverpool were over the Danny Ings transfer fee, but mainly because it leaves Burnley with 4 away games in a row at the back end of the season.

Having read those fixtures, it seems like Sky have the monopoly on them. For some reason i had it in my head that BT had more than its fair share of EPL games?

BT only have one per week I think (Saturday lunchtime usually) but Sky have at least three (Saturday evening, Sunday 2pm sometimes, Sunday 4pm, Monday night). ESPN used to have Monday nights and Saturday teatime I think when they had two lots of packages but Sky have all but one now.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

BT only have one per week I think (Saturday lunchtime usually) but Sky have at least three (Saturday evening, Sunday 2pm sometimes, Sunday 4pm, Monday night). ESPN used to have Monday nights and Saturday teatime I think when they had two lots of packages but Sky have all but one now.

BT have Saturday night and midweek games. Sky have Saturday lunchtime, Sundays, Monday night, Friday night and bank holidays.

AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen says £17m Tottenham move is 'almost complete'

I can see Spurs going back the way this season.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

After he's been bumped out of the Europa League and the Euro's.

Yep what a period with club and country for the big man to miss. Delighted that he is free to resume his career but there will be a lot more to come over this. 

Liverpool won 1-0 tonight against Tranmere. Ings with the goal in the second half. 

5 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Yep what a period with club and country for the big man to miss. Delighted that he is free to resume his career but there will be a lot more to come over this. 

Liverpool won 1-0 tonight against Tranmere. Ings with the goal in the second half. 

I completely forgot that Ings was at Liverpool. 

14 hours ago, Deeboy said:

He was free to play in the Euro's. Deschamps never selected him.

Hmmm. Only because of the 'ban' and his non selection for the initial  squad. Even at that was he really selectable - he's not even trained outside with Liverpool during pre-season.  

5 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Hmmm. Only because of the 'ban' and his non selection for the initial  squad. Even at that was he really selectable - he's not even trained outside with Liverpool during pre-season.  

Liverpool's year finally? 

:)

17 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

On 9 July 2016 at 04:59, Deeboy said:

He was free to play in the Euro's. Deschamps never selected him.

Archived