Hibeesbounce75

Premier League 2016-2017

5,438 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Chasing the money is absolutely fair enough as a referee isn't making big money even in the EPL. At the same time, he is a referee so does anybody really care?

arent they on around 60 grand a year?

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

arent they on around 60 grand a year?

No idea, but that's hardly ridiculous money and if he's being offered double that in Saudi Arabia then he's absolutely entitled to go for it. The difference between 100K a week and 200K a week isn't as much as the difference to someone in earning 120K a year instead of 60K a year, as in the first scenario you're absolutely loaded either way but in the second scenario you'd have a completely different standard of living.

Edited by Honest_Man#1
Fixing figures.

Imagine seeing greed as bad. :lol: He's more than entitled to go for it. Money is as good a motivator as anything else.

Imagine seeing greed as bad. He's more than entitled to go for it. Money is as good a motivator as anything else.

Greed is fucking awful.

But this isn't greed. This is financial planning, and considering options.

Depends on how far the greed goes tbh. I'll definitely concede that greed going too far is bad, but in this instance, Clattenburg would be an absolute tube to turn it down. Refereeing is a thankless task with f**k all help coming from the authorities.

A complete no brainier for Clattenberg double his wages for a fraction of the hassle.

Absolutely no chance would I go to work/live in Saudi Arabia. Shove your money.

A couple of years in Saudi and he is made for life. He can retire before he is 50 with a few million in the bank. 99.99999% of us would do it.

I can't think of anywhere I'd less rather live than Saudi Arabia. Well, maybe Somalia, North Korea or Bilston. But I reckon I could put up with a couple of years there for the reward of being able to retire in luxury and never have to work again.

I can't think of anywhere I'd less rather live than Saudi Arabia. Well, maybe Somalia, North Korea or Bilston. But I reckon I could put up with a couple of years there for the reward of being able to retire in luxury and never have to work again.

I reckon this would be most folks approach to the opportunity to earn a small fortune in Saudi Arabia. Do the minimum required and get the hell out of there.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I reckon this would be most folks approach to the opportunity to earn a small fortune in Saudi Arabia. Do the minimum required and get the hell out of there.

You reckon? 

You don't?

I know personally I know one person who lives out there with his wife and he dosnt want to come home back to Scotland. Apart from dressing and doing as you are told over there then it's fine.

I know personally I know one person who lives out there with his wife and he dosnt want to come home back to Scotland. Apart from dressing and doing as you are told over there then it's fine.

I'm guessing they like Coldplay

Andy [email protected]
Here's the latest addition to the Man City pre-match experience - a catwalk entrance for the players. It's wet. Hope they don't slip! #mcfc

C5NW1txXAAA_vhT.thumb.jpg.0e0121d6787e41fda7fd18c078b79a75.jpg

That is just ridiculous.