Premier League 2016-2017

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gueye seems to be more inconsistent, over the 90 minutes and over a season. Kante is a one off, baffled me so few clubs tried to sign him while they apparently queued up to fight over Mahrez

Wenger wanted Kante but Chelsea, as usual, offered more money.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gueye seems to be more inconsistent, over the 90 minutes and over a season. Kante is a one off, baffled me so few clubs tried to sign him while they apparently queued up to fight over Mahrez

This. For me he's exactly the kind of player Man Utd should've been striving to get alongside Pogba.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

You say that as if they spent £100 million on him. Or that Arsenal couldn't afford the £32 million Chelsea paid.

It was the wages apparently. I can only go on what Wenger said - http://talksport.com/football/arsene-wenger-reveals-chelseas-ngolo-kante-has-been-his-radar-years-170203226509

Ahead of their meeting at Stamford Bridge on Saturday lunchtime, Wenger conceded he had twice been thwarted in moves for the former Caen player.

"Yes. When he (was) in France, when he (was) at Leicester," he said when asked if he had looked to sign Kante.

He then appeared to imply Kante had chosen Chelsea as his destination for financial reasons.

Asked what happened in a move for the player, Wenger added: "There again, I cannot explain everything but it is quite obvious when you look where he has gone."

That was the only thing that should have seen him sacked

If they are "certainly relegated", it's too late to sack him.

A club has to do what they think is best for their future prospects, in Leicester's case that means picking a manager that gives them the best possible chance of staying up. Given their recent form, it's hard to make a case that there aren't quite a few candidates who would give them a better chance than Ranieri. Particularly if, as rumoured, he'd "lost the dressing room".

It was the wages apparently. I can only go on what Wenger said - http://talksport.com/football/arsene-wenger-reveals-chelseas-ngolo-kante-has-been-his-radar-years-170203226509
Ahead of their meeting at Stamford Bridge on Saturday lunchtime, Wenger conceded he had twice been thwarted in moves for the former Caen player.
"Yes. When he (was) in France, when he (was) at Leicester," he said when asked if he had looked to sign Kante.
He then appeared to imply Kante had chosen Chelsea as his destination for financial reasons.
Asked what happened in a move for the player, Wenger added: "There again, I cannot explain everything but it is quite obvious when you look where he has gone."

Wait! It says Arsenal tried to sign him before he moved to Leicester; surely they didn't fail to compete financially with them?

You can't replace players outside of the transfer window. You can change a manager anytime.

Would be interesting if that rule changed and managers couldn't be recruited out with the window.

A shocking but not surprising decision. A log of those Leicester players need to take a look in the mirror.

If they appoint Mancini I really hope they go down find him to be a really unlikeable c**t.

Archived