Premier League 2016-2017

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Yeah i think he would. He's done special things at the club and if the club had treated him graciously then I think he would return the favour.

I'm genuinely not sure how he would have decided, wouldn't have blamed him for wanting to manage at a higher level than the championship though. 

Shite way for it to end.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it's not right the man has been sacked, but there isn't a place for loyalty in football nowadays, there is far too much money involved. For a club like Leicester who have had a taste of the high life and the riches they get in return, to be now facing the real possibility of relegation from the gravy train that is the English Premiership must be unthinkable for the owners. The way they have been playing recently, it has been looking certainties for the drop, it was pretty obvious change was needed.

Give it a year and Ranieri will be welcomed back as a guest of the club (might even get a place on the board) and will be given the freedom of the city, if he hasn't already been afforded that honour. He walks away a very rich man with his reputation still intact. If his sacking keeps them up, the owners will have been proved right as well.

Anyway, lump on them on Monday night.

He'd spent £75 million this summer and they were staring relegation in the face. Had been put out the cup by a lower league side and the squad was rumoured to be against him.

They had scored once in their last 6 league games, taken to a replay by Championship opposition before getting put out by league one Millwall. Something had to change. Not acceptable.

Love Ranieri but this looks like it needed to be done. The fans on their forum seem to be agreeing that it was best to put the old dog down or they'd have been relegated.

Leicester City have just sacked the manager who's taken them into the Champions League Knockout stages.

Absolutely mental.

Worst thing he done this summer was stay loyal to the squad. Half of them look barely interested this season, Mahrez in particular

Feel sorry for him but there isn't room for sentiment. They were heading down. If they had gone down with him as manager it would have tarnished his achievements.

And for all the talk of "loyalty", if, say, Man United had decided to appoint him last Summer, he'd most likely have left Leicester.

Leicester City have just sacked the manager who's taken them into the Champions League Knockout stages.

Absolutely mental.

Worst thing he done this summer was stay loyal to the squad. Half of them look barely interested this season, Mahrez in particular

He also never invested in the right areas of the squad. Not that they're easy to come by but he needed a quality Kante-esque midfield engine as Kante was a massive loss. The Leicester defence is utter pish as well and needed strengthening. Teams being unable to play through their midfield because of Kante's brilliance last season made them look way better than they are. Simpson and Huth are cheap dross cast-offs from other PL clubs and Wes Morgan is just a big useless lump.

He also never invested in the right areas of the squad. Not that they're easy to come by but he needed a quality Kante-esque midfield engine as Kante was a massive loss. The Leicester defence is utter pish as well and needed strengthening. Teams being unable to play through their midfield because of Kante's brilliance last season made them look way better than they are. Simpson and Huth are cheap dross cast-offs from other PL clubs and Wes Morgan is just a big useless lump.

TBF, replacing Kante was nigh on impossible. Amartey is similar but levels behind, and the only player I can think of that's close is Gueye at Everton.

TBF, replacing Kante was nigh on impossible. Amartey is similar but levels behind, and the only player I can think of that's close is Gueye at Everton.

Gueye's an almost identical player. Just under £8m to Everton, too, although Kante was almost irreplaceable.

Gueye's an almost identical player. Just under £8m to Everton, too, although Kante was almost irreplaceable.

Gueye seems to be more inconsistent, over the 90 minutes and over a season. Kante is a one off, baffled me so few clubs tried to sign him while they apparently queued up to fight over Mahrez

10 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The "who do Leicester think they are?" shtick reminds me of when we sacked Gerry Collins.

Their recent form was shite and there was no sign of improvement. His sacking is harsh on the man but totally understandable.

I forgot Gerry Collins won the SPL.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gueye seems to be more inconsistent, over the 90 minutes and over a season. Kante is a one off, baffled me so few clubs tried to sign him while they apparently queued up to fight over Mahrez

Agree there's no way Leicester could have replaced him Gueye at Everton doesn't come close. 

Average players on huge salaries, identical sportscars and now the manager sacked it's all becoming a bit of a car crash.  

Wish they had waited until next Tuesday at least though. 

Archived