Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A sad day. Claudio Ranieri is responsible for the single greatest moment in the history of the English Premier League.

Absolutely fucking glorious. The moment that Bocelli unzips the hoodie to reveal the Leicester strip is the dictionary definition of 'money'. Beautiful.

Nothing will ever beat it. Beautiful.

2 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I've been wondering what you do now as a Leicester fan. Winning the league the way they did will never been topped. They've basically completed the game.

Yeah, and imo that's the attitude they should have taken going forward. Let's be honest, "kicking on" from it was highly unlikely - at the absolute best, they could try to establish themselves as a top 10 club, but they were never going to become a legitimate regular contender for the title. And whilst it's been a poor season for them in terms even finishing in the top half, you give the guy at least a season after he's won you the fucking title.

If taking a Championship winning side into a relegation battle isn't a sackable offence, I don't know what is. 
Objectively, Leicester were always going to struggle this season, but they have been left badly prepared for what lay ahead of them. The lack of quality in depth has (predictably) been badly exposed by European football. Ranieri has to take his fair share of the blame fr this. 
Timing is a bit odd given last night's result wasn't really a terrible one. A defeat nonetheless but they are well in the tie. Maybe just one defeat too much. 

Agree with this.

Disgrace of a club, hopefully they go down now. Champions League this season, Burton and Scunthorpe next season, not that many of the plastic fans who wanted Ranieri sacked will be there to watch, back to watching ManU on the telly.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I just don't understand why they've done it now. Why couldn't they wait until after the second leg? As ong as they are in the Champions League, the fairytale continues. Yeah they could keep going without Raneiri, but it wouldn't be the same.

This. 

Sacking Ranieri now will alienate a large number of supporters too.

Bizarre timing but Jesus f**k, they've been abysmal. Only really lost Kante and spent on a replacement. If they were definitely safe Ranieri would be as well. Shame as we all enjoyed Leicester's success and Ranieri is a likeable guy but he has to go.

I'm not convinced, if theyd finished 15th instead of 1st last season hed still be in a job. Bit mad.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Can't really add to what had been said - a disgrace that he's been sacked.

Roberto Mancini is the favourite apparently. Wouldn't be a bad appointment but Ranieri should never have gone in the first place.

Mancini is the obvious free agent candidate. 

There is also 'Arry of course.

The timing suggests that a replacement has been lined up.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

If he was still there at the end of the season and he took them down, do people think he'd stick about to manage in the Championship? I'm not too sure tbh.

Yeah i think he would. He's done special things at the club and if the club had treated him graciously then I think he would return the favour.

I hate to use the term "against modern football" but I mean really, this is where we've come to. A club, that no one would have given a hope in hell of ever winning England's ultimate prize, did the unthinkable against all the odds and won the damn thing. It was a genuine once in a lifetime achievement.

This strategy that clubs follow these days - sacking a manager if they aren't doing well - is rats. Whatever happened to sticking it out through thick and thin? It's just money.

Archived