Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.optasportspro.com/about/optapro-blog/posts/2017/blog-expected-goals-–-european-leaderboards/

Interesting piece on expected goals for the top strikers in each league. Lukaku's over-performance is ridiculous and Kane's must be even better as he also got 24 non-penalty goals against a lower xG; not surprising given he scored a number of goals from outside the box.

Claude Puel's been sacked from Southampton. To be honest, I forgot he was even here. Reaching the League Cup final was a good achievement, but finishing 8th was window dressing given that every team below 7th was fucking shite.

Claude Puel's been sacked from Southampton. To be honest, I forgot he was even here. Reaching the League Cup final was a good achievement, but finishing 8th was window dressing given that every team below 7th was fucking shite.

I could never remember his name when Southampton were on the telly.

Im assuming the misunderstanding must have been the transfer fee. I was quite confused as well to be fair. No way was someone paying £60 million for Van Dijk [emoji38]

They've apologised so that's ok then. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Van Dijk should surely be held accountable too but it seems the player gets away with it in tapping up cases. 

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

They've apologised so that's ok then. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Van Dijk should surely be held accountable too but it seems the player gets away with it in tapping up cases. 

That's a good point. Just wait until he says he still wants to join Liverpool ... 

Should see it at lower non league level we are busy assembling a largely new squad at Whitehill and everyone's after the same players. 

That's a good point. Just wait until he says he still wants to join Liverpool ... 

Meant to post something along these lines yesterday. If VVD wants to go to Liverpool he'll go to Liverpool. If he says he wants to leave and doesn't want to play for them any longer, Southampton seem like a smart enough club to cash in whilst his value's at a premium, as opposed to leaving him out of the squad and letting his value diminish.

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Should see it at lower non league level we are busy assembling a largely new squad at Whitehill and everyone's after the sane players. 

Would imagine its quite hard to find junior players who aren't crazy tbh

i hope to god liverpool find some way of fixing this, VVD wants to join if we can't get that over the line then we're fucked basically.

must be the worst club in history in transfer dealings

1 hour ago, DanMc99 said:

i hope to god liverpool find some way of fixing this, VVD wants to join if we can't get that over the line then we're fucked basically.

must be the worst club in history in transfer dealings

'We' ... were you in Blackpool as well? :) 

Archived