Guest bernardblack

Ahem...

Haha!

To be serious, what jobs are available?

Sunderland? Boro? Possibly Leicester?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Palace just can't seem to get any stability at the moment. Strange to see him go, unless he's heard he's getting a bigger job? Though from 17th-8th they're all much of a muchness.

It'll probably turn out the Palace chairman wouldn't give Sam the funds he wanted.

I looked through the Premier League table and Leicester are the only ones I can think of that would be considered a step up (because they will still have Champions League money, presumably) that he hasn't already managed.

Failing that, it's possible he's fallen out with someone at Palace in which case he could end up at Sunderland again. Maybe Middlesbrough or Hull if their manager goes to Watford.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

I reckon he's chucked Palace because he's chucking it altogether.

Looks like you were right. Retiring while he's still got his health. 

He wanted to spend £30M on Sakho. He had a great spell there, but we are talking about a centre half who can't get into a pretty poor Liverpool defence here. No wonder the chairman and Sam couldn't come to terms here.

Leicester seems the most sensible option for him. Maybe Sunderland, possibly America or China?

27 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

He wanted to spend £30M on Sakho. He had a great spell there, but we are talking about a centre half who can't get into a pretty poor Liverpool defence here. No wonder the chairman and Sam couldn't come to terms here.

Leicester seems the most sensible option for him. Maybe Sunderland, possibly America or China?

A defence that got them a 4th place finish. If he'd screwed the nut off the field he'd have played a big part for Liverpool this season especially with injuries to Matip and Lovren. 

He was great at Palace could see them still signing him. 

I reckon Big Sam will stick to his word on this one, certainly for a while anyway. And why not? He's made a fortune out of the game in management and *cough* other ventures.

Nice to see someone stepping away from the pressures of it all to have a bit of time to himself. Let's be honest, if he does get the itch again at some point, there are plenty of clubs who'll come calling for him.

22 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I reckon Big Sam will stick to his word on this one, certainly for a while anyway. And why not? He's made a fortune out of the game in management and *cough* other ventures.

Nice to see someone stepping away from the pressures of it all to have a bit of time to himself. Let's be honest, if he does get the itch again at some point, there are plenty of clubs who'll come calling for him.

Agreed, he's the guy you go to when things are going tits up

Archived