Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sunderland agree to put the ball out in the 26th minute and then Terry got a full guard of honour.

Some folk going nuclear with rage on Twitter saying that Chelsea & Sunderland should be charged with match-fixing as the clubs agreed this pre-match.

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Sunderland kicked the ball out so he could get subbed off in the 26th minute (his shirt number) and all the players formed a guard of honour for him to walk off the pitch through!

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Sunderland agree to put the ball out in the 26th minute and then Terry got a full guard of honour.

That is fucking horrific! Hadn't realised that happened, a guard of honour on the pitch at the start may have been ok but that is awful.

Well, it is a spot-fix, is it not?

You can't bet on it though.

You can bet on first throw-in, I think, maybe not anymore. Not total though, so I'm not sure if it would influence any market.

It's not tragic. It's an important stuff that could be worth a fair chunk to any side in that slot, and also gives them a shot at the CL trophy next season, how ever unlikely winning it may be. It's obviously important to any side who gets it.

Exactly. He can't be serious surely?

Don't forget they did the same sort of thing with Drogba, the team chairing him off when he was subbed during his last match. 

Didier-Drogba-150524-Carried-G-300.jpg

Guess who they were playing...

Similar to Alonso yesterday, in my opinion completely out of order doing something like that for a player mid-game. Actually worse in the Alonso case as Freiburg needed to win to get a European spot and had to watch a guy go round and hug each team mate and clap the fans for minutes when there was less than 10 mins left. 

I would've been utterly seething if I was a Freiburg player/fan.

Archived