Premier League 2016-2017

From Law to Scholes, apparently.

Nowhere near it then.

Don't think he's really been one of Uniteds best players the last 10 year either.

Great in his first couple of seasons but he was in a team alongside guys like Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes, all better United players than him.

Never mind an all time great.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No seeing it. Not any more than you'd see at another ground.

That was utter w**k.

There were lots of empty seats scattered all over the place, my sure why you are bringing another ground into this when this was a derby match and one of the biggest games of the season in theory so you would expect a full house.

Was totally shit in every sense last night, an absolute waste of 90 minutes of my life.

10 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Pardon my ignorance but when did Man City move their tunnel? Is it to do with whole Tunnel Club thing?

It's been like that since about Christmas I think? When the teams are put up on MotD the players are often seen walking out from the corner flag. It's the wanky Tunnel Club thing it's there for, aye. 

Burnley seem to have moved their tunnel a few times too? Are thy finally going to do up that stand with the old wooden style seats behind the goal? I thought there was a cricket ground or something behind it.

Nice to see cutting edge trolling from Green Teeth here. Scholes is over rated is a fresh and innovative route to go down.

9 hours ago, Scosha said:

Scholes was a fantastic player. The fact he came out of retirement and strolled into a very decent Man Utd side says it all. 

9 hours ago, Green Teeth said:

Overrated

Supras, is that you, ya little rascal?

It's been like that since about Christmas I think? When the teams are put up on MotD the players are often seen walking out from the corner flag. It's the wanky Tunnel Club thing it's there for, aye. 
Burnley seem to have moved their tunnel a few times too? Are thy finally going to do up that stand with the old wooden style seats behind the goal? I thought there was a cricket ground or something behind it.

There is a cricket ground behind it but I wouldn't have thought it would affect any redevelopment of the ancient rickety wooden stand.

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I am the opposite.

I absolutely love players like this. Especially in central midfield.

Scholes' tackling was his biggest weakness as a player.

Some quotes on Scholes, and there are plenty more plaudits to be found.  Sure he wasn't a great tackler but he was a magnificent footballer and anyone who says otherwise should go and watch water polo.
Xavi Hernandez: Paul Scholes is a role model. For me – and I really mean this – he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years.
I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.
Socrates (Brazil): Good enough to play for Brazil. I love to watch Scholes, to see him pass, the boy with the red hair and the red shirt. 
Zinedine Zidane: My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. Scholes is undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation.

Marcello Lippi: Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team – that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. An all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance.
Laurent Blanc: I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best English player.
Sir Bobby Charlton: Many great players have worn the shirt of Manchester United. Players I worshipped, then lost with my youth in Munich.
Players like Denis Law and George Best who I enjoyed so much as team-mates and now, finally, players I have watched closely in the Alex Ferguson era. And in so many ways Scholes is my favourite.
Roy Keane: No celebrity bullshit, no self-promotion – an amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being.
Sir Alex Ferguson: One of the greatest football brains Manchester United has ever had.
Edgar Davids: Everyone of us should emulate him. We can all learn from Paul Scholes.
Ryan Giggs: I’d go for Scholesy as the club’s greatest ever player. I’ve seen him do things that no other player can do. The way he can control the tempo of games, and his range of passing, are both incredible.
We’ve seen over the years that players just haven’t been able to get near him. And you can’t forget his goals either.
Cesc Fabregas: For any football player in the Premiership, Scholes is a player you want to emulate. One player does not make a team but there is no doubt that the presence of some players add extra motivation and confidence.
Scholes is a player with character and is capable of transmitting that mental strength to his team-mates.
Pep Guardiola: “Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.” 
Jose Mourinho: “Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.”
Alan Hanson: "He is one of the top three to five players to have ever played in the Premier League - his passing, movement and technique set examples to everyone, not just younger players." 
The GOAT, Lional Messi: At La Masia (Barcelona’s Academy) his name was mentioned a lot. He’s a teacher.”

So some not bad tributes for the Ginger Prince.   

Are there not any similar quotes from these kind of guys about all time United great Michael Carrick?

33 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Socrates (Brazil): Good enough to play for Brazil. I love to watch Scholes, to see him pass, the boy with the red hair and the red shirt. 

I hardly think Scholes is up there with Roque Junior, Kleberson and Rafael Felipe Scheidt. 

Archived