Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The difference in quality between this and El Classico is unreal. English football is miles behind the best in Spain. Miles behind.

Correct. The last year or so has been an embarrassment for English football: bad Champions League performances, terrible Europa League performances and, of course, England's hilarity at the Euros last summer. Their only saving grace could be Manchester United winning the Europa League, but have they really had much of a test getting there?

Been a good good player for them but not near a great, even if he was injury free.

The way he reads the game and his range of passing is fantastic. He's been so important to United for so long, and he's done brilliantly to constantly be such an integral part to them. I do love a holding midfielder like that, though.

Carrick won't get the same accolades as the likes of Law, Best, Charlton, Giggs, Scholes etc but will certainly go down as one of Uniteds best players of this era. To suggest otherwise is nonsense, he's been the cornerstone of the team since he joined.

14 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Carrick won't get the same accolades as the likes of Law, Best, Charlton, Giggs, Scholes etc but will certainly go down as one of Uniteds best players of this era. To suggest otherwise is nonsense, he's been the cornerstone of the team since he joined.

In the same way, Martin Waghorn will be named in some archive namechecking Rangers 2014-17 ?  

What's the time frame of 'this era'?

11 minutes ago, Green Teeth said:

I wasn't complimenting either of them with my post, if anyone thinks I'm comparing Carrick to Scholes. You'd think Scholes was Maradona the way people eulogise about him since he retired. His legend seems to grow with every year he's retired. Carrick will get the same treatment. Both players that the football hipsyers love

Scholes was a fantastic player. The fact he came out of retirement and strolled into a very decent Man Utd side says it all. 

Archived