Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jagfox99 said:

The price must have come in. I need them to complete at fourfold and they're over 3/1 on that.

Good luck.

I doubled with a Cardiff win tomorrow night as Newcastle already have the league won, no idea what I'm playing at with bets at moment though so not very confident. 

Deliberately throwing the ball at a player is doing something wrong, whether said player deserved it or not.

Just as retaliation is punishable even after the dirtiest of challenges unsportsmanlike behaviour shouldn't be excused because the other boy did it first

Given that Fuchs was already on a Yellow he should consider himself lucky

But given that he's found himself working in a country where his surname sounds like an expletive he was probably due some luck

There's a reason Stefan Kuntz never left Germany

Hopefully Jose dishes out a typical Jose performance. Two exciting, attacking front lines for both sides.
City's first half performance against United earlier in the season was one of the best I've ever seen from a team, but they've certainly been found out since.

Fuchs did it intentionally but I remember years ago a guy threw the ball at someone and the ball went out for a corner. He was hailed as a genius and a yellow card for it wasn't even considered.

Sanchez was well within his right to stand where he was but his movement as if he was going to jump is possibly why he was booked.

Going down holding his face like that should see him receive a ban but I won't hold my breath. It reminded me of Rivaldo.

Laws of the game 

All opponents must stand at least 2 m (2 yds) from the point at which the throw-in is taken.

If a player, while correctly taking a throw-in, intentionally throws the ball at an opponent in order to play the ball again but neither in a careless nor a reckless manner nor using excessive force, the referee allows play to continue.

An opponent who unfairly distracts or impedes the thrower (including moving closer than 2 m (2 yds) to the place where the throw-in is to be taken) is cautioned for unsporting behaviour and if the throw-in has been taken an indirect free kick is awarded.

Fuchs did it intentionally but I remember years ago a guy threw the ball at someone and the ball went out for a corner. He was hailed as a genius and a yellow card for it wasn't even considered.

Sanchez was well within his right to stand where he was but his movement as if he was going to jump is possibly why he was booked.

Going down holding his face like that should see him receive a ban but I won't hold my breath. It reminded me of Rivaldo.

Dean Saunders goal, when he threw the ball off the goalkeeper & netted the rebound was probably the most high profile incident like that. Not sure if that prompted the rule change.

Dean Saunders goal, when he threw the ball off the goalkeeper & netted the rebound was probably the most high profile incident like that. Not sure if that prompted the rule change.

That's who it was! Well remembered! I was doing my head in last night trying to remember who'd scored a goal that way after seeing the Fuchs/Sanchez incident.

Keep your bigotry away from here please...

F*ck off.

I'm saving it for Saturday.

41 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

City's first half performance against United earlier in the season was one of the best I've ever seen from a team, but they've certainly been found out since.

It was one of the best 40 minutes of football I've seen for ages. A joy to watch. It's amazing that if Zlatan hadn't missed an open goal with the last kick then it would've been 2-2 at half time. A display like that should see you about 4 or 5 up. 

Archived