Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see what "penalties" are tabled against both the individuals involved and the clubs themselves as the Premiership and English FA has a recent history of ignoring crimes of high profile individuals and clubs but going after the perceived smaller fry and throwing the book at them.

Sam Allardyce being a prime example of  a high level crook who basically avoided all charges and then we get a witchunt against the likes of Davie Moyes and Barton having the book thrown at him.

We all have our own views on Barton, however I don't think anyone can seriously believe that his "crimes" were in any way worse than those committed by Allardyce and of course all the allegations and rumours of serious wrongdoing by Redknapp which were never investigated as he was out of football at the time.

Yes, it should be interesting...........

What a day it's been. Newcastle and West Ham raided, Joey Barton effectively forced into an early retirement, and now JT's mum is all over social media for noshing off a random bloke on video :lol:

Twitter was made for days like this.

Raised at the hearing was that between 2004 and 2011 I placed a handful of bets on my own team to lose matches. I accept of course that this is against the rules, for the obvious reason that a player with an additional financial stake in the game might seek to change the course of it for his own personal gain. However I'd like to offer some context.

First, in every game I have played, I have given everything. I'm confident that anyone who has ever seen me play, or played with or against me, will confirm that to be the case. I am more aware than anyone that I have character issues that I struggle with, and my addictive personality is one of them, but I am a devoted and dedicated professional who has always given my all on the pitch.

Second, on the few occasions where I placed a bet on my own team to lose, I was not involved in the match day squad for any of those games.

I did not play. I was not even on the bench. I had no more ability to influence the outcome than had I been betting on darts, snooker, or a cricket match in the West Indies.

I should add that on some of those occasions, my placing of the bet on my own team to lose was an expression of my anger and frustration at not being picked or being unable to play. I understand people will think that is childish and selfish and I cannot disagree with that.

jose.png

I did not play. I was not even on the bench. I had no more ability to influence the outcome than had I been betting on darts, snooker, or a cricket match in the West Indies.
jose.png

This part is so stupid it's painful.

23 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd much rather watch a local derby where the loser is pretty much guaranteed relegation than Arsenal easily beating Leicester.

Glad they went for Palace vs Spurs as the TV pick. Could be tasty.

Saw an amusing joke today that Newcastle are setting a record for the shortest time between promotion and relegation battle :lol:

Seriously though who would decide the punishment? The FA, Premier League or Football League?

It's really weird that when a player is injured seriously enough to be stretchered off they don't just take him off across the pitch to the tunnel but instead have to get off the pitch asap and then lug the guy right round the track. You'd think the priority would be to get him into the changing room rather than hold the game up for a few more seconds but obviously not.

Archived