Premier League 2016-2017

Andy Hampson@andyhampson
Here's the latest addition to the Man City pre-match experience - a catwalk entrance for the players. It's wet. Hope they don't slip! #mcfc

C5NW1txXAAA_vhT.thumb.jpg.0e0121d6787e41fda7fd18c078b79a75.jpg

That is just ridiculous.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Wayne Rooney be off to China next week on wages of £600,000 per week?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/21/wayne-rooney-transfer-china-could-hinge-whether-man-utd-striker/

He's been an incredible player over the years at Everton and United but, naturally, he's tailed off in recent years at Old Trafford and should probably call it a day in the EPL.

I guess it's up to him if he want's to chase a final payday there, but if I was in his shoes I'd like to think I'd made enough money to do me the rest of my lifetime without dragging my family over to live in China for a couple of years. Surely the USA or even the Middle East would be far more appealing if chasing more money.

1 hour ago, FlyerTon said:

Will Wayne Rooney be off to China next week on wages of £600,000 per week?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/21/wayne-rooney-transfer-china-could-hinge-whether-man-utd-striker/

I think he'll go in the next transfer window or possibly even after the next world cup.... crazy money out there ,can only see him lasting a year at most out there ,don't think he's the type to settle too long in a foreign land but he'd still earn a vast sum.

10 hours ago, Mastermind said:

He's been an incredible player over the years at Everton and United but, naturally, he's tailed off in recent years at Old Trafford and should probably call it a day in the EPL.

I guess it's up to him if he want's to chase a final payday there, but if I was in his shoes I'd like to think I'd made enough money to do me the rest of my lifetime without dragging my family over to live in China for a couple of years. Surely the USA or even the Middle East would be far more appealing if chasing more money.

Why would the Middle East be more appealing than China?

Why would the Middle East be more appealing than China?

Closer to home for starters. I'd rather stay somewhere like Dubai or Abu Dhabi than China but I'm sure others have the opposite view. Each to their own.

If I was Rooney and assuming I had offers from across the globe, USA would beat either country for me in any case.

I'm not au fait with the Chinese League but isn't there a lot of travelling between cities for games? With the exceotion of the Saudi league, there isn't much travelling to be done in the leagues in the Middle East. And while a lot of the staff will speak English there will be a lot of people who don't while English is commonly spoken in places like the UAE. And the flight time clearly is a lot longer than it is to the Middle East (you don't hear of people flying off to Shanghai for a weekend break, do you?). So it's not too ridiculous to suggest the Middle East night be a better option than China.

Would I be correct in saying that if Man Utd finished outside the top 4 but won the Europa League, and the FA Cup was won by a top 4 side (or Man Utd), that the team finishing 8th would qualify for the EL?

30 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Only if they win the League Cup, or Southampton qualify for Europe via their league position, I think.

I assumed that you only got into the Europa League if you won the League Cup, and if you already qualified for Europe via the league then the place was transferred there. Say Man Utd finished 5th, won the EL, and one of the top 5 then won the FA Cup - surely 6th, 7th and 8th would get the EL places?

The reason I bring it up is the fact Burnley in 12th are only 7 points behind WBA in 8th. Not the most exciting possibility of the season so far but certainly an interesting one given the fairly shite teams occupying 8th to 13th.

Archived