Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good day to be running a footy lad banter account. Just post something along the lines of: 'Surprised Mark Clattenburg has left the Premier League. He was having such a good season for [Insert Team Here] !! *at least four crying emojis*.'

2,000 Retweets and 4,000 Likes, please.

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

arent they on around 60 grand a year?

No idea, but that's hardly ridiculous money and if he's being offered double that in Saudi Arabia then he's absolutely entitled to go for it. The difference between 100K a week and 200K a week isn't as much as the difference to someone in earning 120K a year instead of 60K a year, as in the first scenario you're absolutely loaded either way but in the second scenario you'd have a completely different standard of living.

Depends on how far the greed goes tbh. I'll definitely concede that greed going too far is bad, but in this instance, Clattenburg would be an absolute tube to turn it down. Refereeing is a thankless task with f**k all help coming from the authorities.

I can't think of anywhere I'd less rather live than Saudi Arabia. Well, maybe Somalia, North Korea or Bilston. But I reckon I could put up with a couple of years there for the reward of being able to retire in luxury and never have to work again.

I reckon this would be most folks approach to the opportunity to earn a small fortune in Saudi Arabia. Do the minimum required and get the hell out of there.

Archived