Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

United are going to finish 2nd IMO.

2nd to 6th is obviously very tight so pretty much any 3 of 5 to join Chelsea. The bookies make Man Utd 6th favourites but not much in it. Hopefully a few rounds of the Europa will help throw them off course. 

Is it really though? Is football that devoid of nice people doing pleasant or charitable things that anytime anyone does anything friendly, it requires a load of "absolute class" tweets followed by tons of clapping emojiis?

Is it really though? Is football that devoid of nice people doing pleasant or charitable things that anytime anyone does anything friendly, it requires a load of "absolute class" tweets followed by tons of clapping emojiis?

I think it's class, but perhaps because was captured on camera makes it all the more heartwarming.

I appreciate where you're coming from though. I doubt Pep's the first person to wish Arter & his wife well but only Arter himself could tell us who's said what, but regardless, it's still nice to see Pep go out his way to have a wee chat with him.

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

He'll be offered a ridiculous amount to do far less and with far more control than he has now.  Why wouldn't he do it? 

Because Clattenburg should want to referee the top games and, possibly, the next World Cup Final. He should have a few years at the top left but it seems that he's taken the easy money instead.

Clattenburg was complaining about the media scrutiny of his decisions recently. He bottled giving Gibbs a red card for a professional foul at the weekend. The pressure seems to have got to him.

Because Clattenburg should want to referee the top games and, possibly, the next World Cup Final. He should have a few years at the top left but it seems that he's taken the easy money instead.
Clattenburg was complaining about the media scrutiny of his decisions recently. He bottled giving Gibbs a red card for a professional foul at the weekend. The pressure seems to have got to him.

Far too harsh.

He's chosen the money but not in the same way of players. They're well paid but not to the same extent. He's cashing in as he approaches the end of his career. Fair play to him. The grief that refs get is ridiculous.

Far too harsh.

He's chosen the money but not in the same way of players. They're well paid but not to the same extent. He's cashing in as he approaches the end of his career. Fair play to him. The grief that refs get is ridiculous.

This. The guy's getting a huge paycheck by spending a year in Saudi while he still can. I've done the same myself. Not quite sure why anyone would deny him that right.

Archived