Premier League 2016-2017

9 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Stoke in talks with West Brom over Berahino.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38696547

I hope that deal goes through if only to resolve one of the most tedious transfer sagas of recent years.  I was surprised to read it all kick off in summer 2015, feels like its been going on for much, much longer then that.

All sorted now. £12m deal.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Did they not knock back £20m from Spurs a couple of years ago?

Yeah, In hindsight they probably wish they punted him at that point. 

Assuming Fonte's going to start, who does he replace? Winston Reid's a solid CB as is Angelo Ogbonna. Unless Ogbonna gets punted to LB in place of Cresswell or Masuaku - whichever one starts. Not sure if any of the CBs can play in midfield. Plus Kouyate's been playing CB as well recently I believe.

Unexpected signing anyway. Would have taken him at Goodison Park personally.

Stoke in talks with West Brom over Berahino.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38696547
I hope that deal goes through if only to resolve one of the most tedious transfer sagas of recent years.  I was surprised to read it all kick off in summer 2015, feels like its been going on for much, much longer then that.

I think it has been going on longer than that. I'm fairly sure it was 2014 when Spurs first expressed an interest and asked West Brom how much they wanted for him.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

FIFA have said Matip can play for Liverpool now. Absolute nonsense that he couldn't in the first place.

What a shambles great to have the big man back just hope he stay fit now. 

2 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

What a shambles great to have the big man back just hope he stay fit now. 

All thanks to FIFA's empire building and the removal of freedom of choice. It should really be illegal.

There's a coincidence as I detest Chelsea with a passion. I know it should be Tottenham but Chelsea have ruined countless coupons......and Arsenal.

Well you can f**k right off mate

I've been to the Emirates at least three times in the last decade so I'm a true Gooner.

I even have goal alerts on my phone for them

I'm fucking hard core

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Would you chuck him straight back in alongside Lovren, Rab? Has Klavan not done alright recently?

He has done pretty well BU and feel for him a bit but I'd definitely bring Matip straight back in they look much more assured at the back with him there. 

He has done pretty well BU and feel for him a bit but I'd definitely bring Matip straight back in they look much more assured at the back with him there. 

Just wondered, I only see the odd Liverpool game when they're live on Sky but mostly just see highlights on MOTD.

Any time I've seen of Matip though, based on just appearance, I always think he looks big, lanky and clumsy, like a disaster waiting to happen. Take it he's no that bad?

Matip has been absolutely superb since signing. Great defender but more importantly he's so good on the ball; it's made a huge difference recently as teams have been able to focus on closing down Henderson because there's not been as much of a threat coming from the centre halves. That changes with Matip back in the team.

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just wondered, I only see the odd Liverpool game when they're live on Sky but mostly just see highlights on MOTD.

Any time I've seen of Matip though, based on just appearance, I always think he looks big, lanky and clumsy, like a disaster waiting to happen. Take it he's no that bad?

As David says he has been quality. Word is he will start on the bench today in the early kick off Klopp easing him back to full fitness. 

Hoping my man Costa gets a goal today. I'll be watching Gillette Soccer Saturday with interest.

If he doesn't play then I hope we sack him. No player is bigger than our club, we the fans make it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hoping my man Costa gets a goal today. I'll be watching Gillette Soccer Saturday with interest.

If he doesn't play then I hope we sack him. No player is bigger than our club, we the fans make it.

You fans deserve better. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are ye no a day too early wi that statement  ? 

Archived