Premier League 2016-2017

He should be but I think he has been burnt out, remember he has been playing pretty much non stop since he was 15/16 and playing at tournaments every 2nd summer. His legs appear to have gone and Fergie seen this coming near the end of his time as manager.

I get what you're saying mate I do but lampard, Gerrard, giggs ( not tournament football ie world cups euros ) played consistently better and for a longer period. Gerrard came onto the scene at a similar age granted he's not won what Rooney has but for me a far far superior player

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

I get what you're saying mate I do but lampard, Gerrard, giggs ( not tournament football ie world cups euros ) played consistently better and for a longer period. Gerrard came onto the scene at a similar age granted he's not won what Rooney has but for me a far far superior player

True bud, difference is they were all midfielders to begin with and it was easier to adapt into new roles where as Rooney was primarily a striker or no 10 and has been moved to midfield and doesn't do anything more special than your average midfielder can already do. I also get the impression the guys mentioned above may have looked after themselves a bit better.

Maybe moving from Man U to somewhere like Everton might revitalise him because in footballing terms he is still quite young.

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He should be but I think he has been burnt out, remember he has been playing pretty much non stop since he was 15/16 and playing at tournaments every 2nd summer. His legs appear to have gone and Fergie seen this coming near the end of his time as manager.

721 games in 14 years/168 months.

So he's played over one game, every week, for 14 years.

Yeah I think so cause let's face it he's not got the shape of a modern day footballer..... Sunday league absolutely!! I think you're right a move might help him refind some form but where. His wage demands vs his ability would make narrow down the teams that would take him so I feel he either has to lower his wages or start packing for China!!!! I just hope Rashford doesn't go down the same route.

Its Mourinho in a big game, of course it'll be turned into a shitfest.

Hopefully Liverpool score and force the game open.

Archived