Premier League 2016-2017

Folk seem to be forgetting Ranieris last job before Leicester was Greece, where his final result was a loss to the Faroes at home. His didnt win any of the six Qualifiers Greece played in either. The vast, vast majority of folk claimed he'd be a disaster and he was by far the most well back manager in the "First to be sacked" market.

You get some utter freaks claiming they knew he'd be incredible, but really, if he'd failed at Leicester his career at a serious level was done.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 7-2 said:

He's done well so give Phelan the job.. After all it usually works out well when the caretaker becomes the permanent manager...

Phelan was a dreadful choice to even be caretaker manager. Hull must be one of the three to be relegated if he remains in charge for the season but i doubt he'll get that far. Out by February.

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I still think Man City will piss it, despite recent blips.

They have the potential to pick up a lot of points from their run of games coming up. Be interesting to see how they recover from shipping 3 goals to Celtic and seeing a 5 point lead evaporate. 

14 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Phelan was a dreadful choice to even be caretaker manager. Hull must be one of the three to be relegated if he remains in charge for the season but i doubt he'll get that far. Out by February.

I think short term caretaker would be ok but when nobody's given you a managers job after 20 years as a coach and assistant then there's generally a reason. Hull are about to find out why.

Archived