Premier League 2016-2017

That was a horrendous 'definitive' shot of the hit, both feet were literally the same distance to the ball. And like I said kicking the ball into your own hand is a foul anyway so no goal

Jermain jenas said it so it must be true

It clearly shows Oxlade-Chamberlain kick Koscielnys foot and not the ball. You'd be better just admitting you fucked up than continue this utterly ridiculous refusal of it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And like I said kicking the ball into your own hand is a foul anyway

No it's not. It's treated exactly the same as an opponent kicking it into your hand. It's only a foul if it's a deliberate handball. See above post that explains when that situation occurs.

You're not having a good night.

It simply masks the issue that Burnley failed to properly defend that set piece. Free header and two men free at the back post for the flick on.

No it's not. It's treated exactly the same as an opponent kicking it into your hand. It's only a foul if it's a deliberate handball. See above post that explains when that situation occurs.

You're not having a good night.

It simply masks the issue that Burnley failed to properly defend that set piece. Free header and two men free at the back post for the flick on.

Kicking the ball in to you own hand is not the same as having someone boot it off you, talk sense. Burnley would then be punished for a mistake an arsenal player made , how is that fair in any way?

Kicking the ball in to you own hand is not the same as having someone boot it off you, talk sense

The decision, or rather one of the decisions, the referee has to make is whether he purposefully played it off his hands or whether it was a scuffed shot on goal which wasn't meant to go anywhere near his hands.

The ref clearly decided on the latter

And in that case it is the same as if someone else unexpectedly booted it off him.

The decision, or rather one of the decisions, the referee has to make is whether he purposefully played it off his hands or whether it was a scuffed shot on goal which wasn't meant to go anywhere near his hands.

The ref clearly decided on the latter

And in that case it is the same as if someone else unexpectedly booted it off him.

He also has to consider why the player has raised his hands, in this case to block the ball. So yes, it is blatantly obvious he wouldn't have kicked the ball with the intention of playing it with his hand, however he raised his hands knowing that it would strike them. Not a chance he should be getting the benefit of the doubt here

:lol:

His hands are already in the air when he hits the ball, champ. 

Capture.PNG

You're having a horrorshow here. Away to yer bed.

Yes and he moves it inward to prevent the ball hitting him you moron, I used the term raised his hands because it's a simpler way of saying he moved his hands up towards his chest to prevent the ball from hitting him. Do you take everything so literally?

3 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The goal shouldn't have stood, if it doesn't hit his elbow it's going miles over.

That's completely irrelevant though.  The ball could have been going to the moon, but if it's not a deliberate handball then it's not a deliberate handball.

That's completely irrelevant though.  The ball could have been going to the moon, but if it's not a deliberate handball then it's not a deliberate handball.

That's not always the case though, quite rightly. We regularly see "non-deliberate" handballs given. For instance the ball hitting a defenders arm preventing the ball being on target, and most of the time it is given as a penalty. I would suggest that about 90% of handball decisions given aren't deliberate.

That's not always the case though, quite rightly. We regularly see "non-deliberate" handballs given. For instance the ball hitting a defenders arm preventing the ball being on target, and most of the time it is given as a penalty. I would suggest that about 90% of handball decisions given aren't deliberate.

So you're criticising a ref for getting a decision right, because most refs get it wrong?

Just because they are given as handball doesn't mean they should be.

Just because they are given as handball doesn't mean they should be.

common sense should prevail over a retarded half arsed rule and is absolutely wrong to give a goal where a hand is the definitive factor of a certain goal being scored or denied. It is a bit different when the outcome isn't certain for example if it hits a hand just inside a packed penalty area. Not on the subject on koscielny, but IMO instances like the Suarez

'save' should be given as a goal, because it is common sense that the ball was going in. Unfortunately there's not much of that in footballing decisions.

So you're criticising a ref for getting a decision right, because most refs get it wrong?

I guess so, however I'd say that it's the rules that are wrong tbh. If someone stops a goal with their hand whether deliberate or not, most of the time the penalty will be given, and I tend to agree with that. Really it should be down to the discretion of the refs.

Archived