Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Deeboy said:

It's good to see Arsenal's near £30m bid for Lacazette turned down. Hopefully they don't go back in as he'd seriously move them forwards.

They made the bid a month ago. The Lyon chairman says he never contacted them again which is a sign of refusal, imagine Wengers still sitting by the phone waiting for a reply though, despite the fact West Ham had a larger amount rejected a couple of weeks after

Moyes'll be fine. Sunderland'll be fine. It'll be mid table security then looking upwards hoping to qualify for the Europa League so that they can moan about qualifying for it soon enough.

He doesn't have any other nationality, according to Transfermarkt. I assume he'll be in on the basis that some players, judged to be of exceptional quality, don't have to meet the other requirements. Rule was highly publicised the second time Middlesbrough signed Juninho, IIRC.

31 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

He doesn't have any other nationality, according to Transfermarkt. I assume he'll be in on the basis that some players, judged to be of exceptional quality, don't have to meet the other requirements. Rule was highly publicised the second time Middlesbrough signed Juninho, IIRC.

You could well be right, but surely since he'd played for the national team he'd have gotten a work permit anyway?

You could well be right, but surely since he'd played for the national team he'd have gotten a work permit anyway?

I don't know the exact rules but I think the player has to play a certain percentage of all international games in the last X years. I.e, having just one cap isn't necessarily enough

3 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

I don't know the exact rules but I think the player has to play a certain percentage of all international games in the last X years. I.e, having just one cap isn't necessarily enough

Ah right, I wasn't sure of what the rules were.

Bit more info here...

http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

Sounds like he wouldn't qualify via his international record but would on the basis of his transfer fee, his wages, playing in more than 30% of his club's matches (assuming that Brazil is classed as a "top league"), and by virtue of having played in the Copa Libertadores.

Paddy Power are doing a bet offer on the Premier League top scorer market where if you bet £25 (or £12.50 ew) you get a £2 free bet for each goal scored.

I'm just wondering who would be your top three this season and maybe a dark horse?

Thank you.

Archived