Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/july/allardyce-departs

Sunderland AFC confirms the departure of Sam Allardyce, who takes up the position of England manager with immediate effect.

The focus of everyone at Sunderland AFC now is on moving forward quickly and decisively, with the appointment of the club’s new manager to be confirmed at the earliest opportunity.

Sunderland taking Big Sam's departure well then

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/july/allardyce-departs

Sunderland AFC confirms the departure of Sam Allardyce, who takes up the position of England manager with immediate effect.

The focus of everyone at Sunderland AFC now is on moving forward quickly and decisively, with the appointment of the club’s new manager to be confirmed at the earliest opportunity.

Sunderland taking Big Sam's departure well then

Utterly seething doesn't come close. The rage is absolutely pissing out of that statement.

Sunderland :lol:

I dont see anything remotely wrong with that statement nor do i see any real seethe. Thats the sort of statement i would expect from most clubs in the same situation. Where is the anger exactly?

9 hours ago, Twinkle said:

I dont see anything remotely wrong with that statement nor do i see any real seethe. Thats the sort of statement i would expect from most clubs in the same situation. Where is the anger exactly?

9 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I clicked the link to see if I missed something. Turns out there really isn't much seethe. Apart from my own disappointed seethe.

It's a very terse statement and more about what's not been said than what has. It should be more along the lines of...Obviously disappointed to lose Sam but we congratulate him on his appointment as England manager...thanks for what he did for us last season and keeping us up...best of luck to him and England...we're confident of having a replacement in place soon that'll continue the progress being made at the club.

Instead it's basically Allardyce has gone...f**k him and the FA.  It was well know Sunderland were rightly pissed off with the way the FA were going about things and the statement just backs that up. They're in such a huff it wouldn't surprise me that no matter who they appoint next they'll say he's better than Allardyce anyway! It's just not very professional.

Plans afoot to raise the capacity at The Liberty to 50,000 via a first phase increase to 33,000 :o

Also raised offer for Joe Allen to match £13 million valuation and rumours of an offer to get Wilfried Bony back on £100,000 a week :o

The Muricans have arrived...

Moyes has always been a good EPL manager, and is superior to Allardyce. Baffling some folk are judging him so harshly.

Moyes has always been a good EPL manager, and is superior to Allardyce. Baffling some folk are judging him so harshly.

He hasn't "always" been a good manager bearing in mind he was a disaster the last time he managed there.

If Sunderland get the Moyes that managed Preston and Everton they're on to a winner, if they get the Syzslak that managed Man U and Sociedad they'll be doing their traditional relying on a "new manager bounce" to stay up once he gets sacked.

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can't believe I clicked on a link for Metro...hilarious how little substance there is to that story.

He hasn't "always" been a good manager bearing in mind he was a disaster the last time he managed there.

If Sunderland get the Moyes that managed Preston and Everton they're on to a winner, if they get the Syzslak that managed Man U and Sociedad they'll be doing their traditional relying on a "new manager bounce" to stay up once he gets sacked.

This.

Archived