Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

3 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I had to check myself after I posted thanks to you.  If you're going senile join the P&B quiz leagues in Gen Non.

Not sure I'd be comfortable drinking from the P&B "fountain of knowledge" in all honesty.....probably end up with legionaries disease! 

I asked about this on Bert kassies forum:

On the assumption that all 4 CL semi finalists will qualify through league position for next season's CL, is there a possible scenario where the Cup Winner of 25th country (Scotland) won't be moved up to EL Q2? Celta Vigo winning the EL perhaps?

In these cases no team will move up in EL-Q:
-EL-winner qualifies for CL-GS via their league. Still possible for Manchester United if they move up to 3rd place, far less likely for Ajax to move up to 1st place.
-EL-winner doesn't qualify for Europe via their league. Celta de Vigo if they don't end up on at least 7th place (6th when Alaves wins the Cup). Lyon if they drop below 6th (or below 5th if Angers or Guingamp win the Cup).

If the EL-winner qualifies for CL-Q3/Q4 or for EL, then there will be at least a spot open in EL-Q3, which will result in the Polish Cup winner moving up to EL-Q3 and the Scottish and Azerbaijan Cup winners moving up to EL-Q2. Czech Cup winners will also move up 1 or 2 rounds if the open spot is in EL-Q4 or EL-GS.

So probably Ajax or Lyon are the favourable winners for Aberdeen as things stand

Edited by kramer

We've served our time in that daft first round the last few years.

SC Final is 27th May, first round European game is 29th June ffs.

Really hope the players get more time off than that. 

On 30/04/2017 at 15:11, Blootoon87 said:

Be interesting to see who Maribor knock out next season. St Johnstone would add yet another Scottish team to the list.

Recent history says we'd be fine with Maribor, its teams youve never heard of we lose to!

Latest after the weekend

Lyon - Perfect

Ajax - We need Feyenoord to win next weekend but I think they will

Vigo - no use whatsoever

Man Utd - Looking ok at moment. The one to watch

20 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Ajax are in the Champions League regardless of whether they finish top or second.

They only qualify directly to group stages if they win the league though. If they finish 2nd and win europa league then I believe there is a knock on effect which will result in Aberdeen getting a bye in the 1st qualifying round.