THE Scottish Challenge Cup .( Petrofact Training Cup.)

makemgeordie

THE Scottish Challenge Cup .( Petrofact Training Cup.) any info as to how the 4 lowland league teams will be selected.

also logistics wise 4 Highland league teams along with 2 teams from Wales and 2 Teams from Northern Ireland . possibly The New Saints and Bala Town and Crusaders and Linfield.

started new thread as hibeejibee the Berwick Strangers fan was requesting me not to infiltrate the pre season friendly topic.

Round 1 (August) - 28 teams: 12 x Premiership U-20 teams, 8 x League 2 teams, 4 x Highland League teams, 4 x Lowland League teams Round 2 (August) - 24 teams: 14 x Round 1 winners, remaining 2 x League 2 teams, 8 x League 1 teams Round 3 (September) - 24 teams: 12 x Round 2 winners, 10 x Championship teams, remaining 2 x League 1 teams Round 4 (October) - 16 teams: 12 x Round 3 winners, 2 x Northern Ireland Football League teams, 2 x Welsh Premier League teams Quarter-finals (November): 8 x winners from Round 4 Semi-finals (February) Final (March)

Selection, like all other cups for the following season, based on previous season league position.

That means East Stirling qualify based on finishing bottom of League 2. City, Spartans, Stirling Uni and Cumbernauld Colts as top 4 of Lowland in 2015/16.

So, this seasons Lowland participants are Spartans, Colts, The Shire and Stirling Uni.

As that's the lowest ranked cup I doubt that would ever happen but the South Challenge would be an option

I doubt that would happen as a non-LL club might win. Unlikely in practice, but Civil Service Strollers did reach the Final last season.

Apparently the early stages are seeded and regionalised but no confirmation of how.

With that caveat - for the best chance of progressing I suppose the LL clubs will be looking to draw each other, a weak SPFL2 or a weak 'B' team.

Spartans might fancy Hearts 'B' for a half-decent crowd. Clyde v Cumbernauld Colts would be interesting. Tie will come very early for Stirling Uni.

Clubs twitters suggest the draw is tomorrow. Spartans, Stirling Uni and Cumbernauld will be able to draw Celtic 'B', Rangers 'B', Partick 'B', Motherwell 'B', Hamilton 'B', Kilmarnock 'B' or Berwick Rangers (who have been put into a pot alongside the 'B' teams) in the South part of the draw. Unfortunately for Spartans there is no way to play Hearts 'B' as they have been put in the North part of the draw.

East Stirlingshire have been put in the North section (in a pot alongside the 'B' teams) and will be able to draw Stirling Albion, Arbroath, Montrose, Cove, Formartine, Turriff or Brora; maybe long trip there.

I way prefer a long trip than being drawn against a u20 team. Although either option will not be financially great.

Holiday request will have to be submitted if it is a long midweek trip on 2nd or 3rd August!

Archived